Chapter 13

18:30, Late June

And it was starting to get dark earlier..

Guess he turned the lights off himself.. thought Yeonjun..
The room was half dark and a yellow evening light was spread on the white walls... and he was sitting in his habitual position.. Head and hands on bent knees.. facing down in between the legs ... 

A crumpled figure in a nutshell.

Yeonjun sighed.. He went closer and saw no movements .. He seemed to have fallen asleep just like that.. Yeonjun put the blanket on him...

Then stepped back slowly and walked to the chair placed next to the window.
He pulled the curtain aside a little, and peeked outside... The window had the view of the sea. There where also some old women on their wheelchairs facing the view..  The sky had a beautiful orange color, and the old ladies were slowly starting to leave as the daylight was about to fade completely..

He wanted to take a walk, so he decided to leave the room and go outside for a while.

He stood up, then walked toward the door. He grabbed the handle and pushed the door open quietly.. He wanted to step out, but..

Suddenly he heard sth..
He turned back and looked at the room which was quiet again..

He heard the sound once more...

It was coming from the boy... He closed the door and stepped back into the room heading to the bed...

Beomgyu was still in that position.. but now lying on right side and his hands laid on the bed, and he was clenching the fabric with his fists...

The bed was in the corner, and he was facing the wall, so Yeonjun couldn't see his face.. The light was also off, so he couldn't generally see much...

But he could feel he seemed to be in an uncomfortable state and judging by the sound, he seemed to be having a nightmare..

Yeonjun put his hands on the boy's shoulder to wake him up...
To his surprise, the body was shivering and his shirt was wet from sweat..

_No...
Don't... DON'T...
STOPPP...
No..

_HEY YOU.. WAKE UPP .. IT'S A DREAM

Said Yeonjun flustering and grabbing his shoulder tightly shoving him back and forth.

_LET ME GO..

Beomgyu gasped so loudly as he finally opened his eyes and got up from the bed so quickly.. He was panting and letting out short breaths successively.

Yeonjun was standing in front of the bed ..

_Calm down... Everything's alright... shhh..

He said with a worried voice.. Then placed his uninjurrd arm around Beomgyu, pressing his head to his chest, then started rubbing his back softly in circles...

His body felt even skinnier once he touched him..
He could feel the rising scapula bones under his arms as he was trying to calm him down...

Beomgyu was still trying to breathe properly ...

He couldn't see his front due to his blurred sight,

yet found the warmth and the intoxicating scent of the elder too good to let go ... the only hint he had to find out who the person in front of him was, was the voice..

and well that was enough.. since he did recognize that deep soothing voice...

_Where's this .. Where am I right now ...you..

_We're in the hospital... U were bruised and wounded so I brought u here .. And u fell asleep while they were treating ur wounds...

Beomgyu stayed silent for a while... the room was quiet and all that could be heard was the sound of his short and intense breaths ..

He calmed down afrer a few minutes..

then ..started sobbing quietly as he was burying his head into the embrace...

Yeonjun stood there for a while.. His feet were starting to feel sore .. He wanted to part himself from the boy to grab the chair and sit, but felt a hand clutching his shirt..

He sat on the bed next to him instead...

_Hey.. Don't cry anymore .. u'll have a headache... Don't be scared...That was a dream.. u're not alone..I'm here ...

The room was now completely dark and the only source was the moonlight coming from the fabric curtain...

Beomgyu removed his head from the chest.. he was still holding tightly to Yeonjun's shirt with his fists...

.
.

_can u do sth ....

asked Beomgyu with his stuffy nose, sniffing afterwards..

_What?

_can u forgive me?...

_For what?....

_...
.
..
Everything...

_...
..
..

_You should...
I mean...
please....

.
.
..

_I will

Beomgyu placed back his head to where it was..

.
.

They stayed like that for a while ..

.
..
...

_now...Can I do sth?..

asked beomgyu removing his head from the chest again, facing up to look at the elder.

_What is it..

_Say yes or no..

_then .. No, u can't...

It was dark but Yeonjun could see Beomgyu's poker face in the moonlight when he removed his head from his chest and stared at him as a sign of protest..

He tried to hold back his laughter ...

Beomgyu hadn't let him go yet...

_Fuck u.. I don't even need ur permission...

.
.
.
..
...

Yeonjun suddenly felt Beomgyu's face getting closer to his..

He could feel his warm breath spreading on his cheeks...

His hands were now on his shoulders making their way to his neck..
He came as close as for their foreheads to touch...

Yeonjun closed his eyes and gulped down his salvia... then felt his heartbeat speeding up...

He felt it was only his own, but then found
out Beomgyu's was going crazy as well
when he focused on how his body felt under his hand placed on his back.

.
.

Yeonjun was starting to breathe heavily, too...

_Can't be changed...

Said Yeonjun letting out a sigh...

_What...?......

They were both now talking with their eyes closed, and their foreheads sticking to eachother... Warm breath getting mixed in the distance between their lips...

_What can't be changed?....

Beomgyu asked again..getting frustrated  and frowning waiting impatiently for the answer..

_I said you can't...
.
.
.
..

Yeonjun leaned down and tilted his head ...

..

words count: 994