Chapter 24

Gyu opened his eyes.. It was 21:26 and the lights were off so he couldn't see anywhere..

He slowly moved his body and got off the couch..
then walked to the light switch to turn on the lights...

He grabbed the chair and the rope .. and started tying the rope on the empty metal hook on which the little lamp was hung before..

His hands where shivering with the feeling of guilt and hesitance rised up in his chest ..

.
.
.
.

He heard the bell ringing ...
it rang again and again.. driving him crazy ...
tho he tried not to pay attention, continuing what he was doing.. as his eyes were also starting to get teary and his sight blurred.

A few minutes passed..

Now someone was knocking on the door...

He inhaled deeply and breathed out eratically as his whole body was not shivering but clearly shaking at the moment...

_OPEN THE DOOR RIGHT NOW OR I'LL BREAK IT...

His heart dropped hearing the familiar voice... it made him lose his balance and fall off the chair ...

_NOOOWWWW
....

The yelling was a lot louder and the voice was so hoarse that it seemed Yeonjun was tearing his throat apart..

...

Beomgyu was now on the floor.. crumpling his body, holding his knees with one hand and the other one harshly gripping his mouth digging his nails around it to keep himself from screaming...
silent tears fell rapidly soaking his whole face mixed with the cold sweat..

..
..

...

There was a really loud noise .. .which made beomgyu gasp shortly from underneath his hand..

and yes.. he finally broke the door ...

he turned some lights on, then walked in furiuosly brushing the wood pieces off his clothes..

_CHOI BEOMGYU I SWEAR TO GOD IF THIS IS A PRANK_

...

.
.
.
..

There it was..

The sight...

He wished he never saw...

.
.
.

He kneeled in front of the crumpled body on the cold floor ...

he had a white shirt under.. and yeonjun's grey sweater on...

Yeonjun looked at all those protruding bones moving up and down with each painful sob...

He was hiding his face with his hands .. the little amount of skin showing from the corner, shining in the light, for it was soaked by tears...

The cry seemed neverending.. preventing Yeonjun's mind to be able to process things properly...

He sat on the floor...  went closer... grabbed the fragile body softly in his hands.. slowly laying it on himself...

He caressed his head softly with one hand, trying to say soothing words.. and the other hand rubbing his back in circles ..

_Shh... shhh.. I'm here...

His body felt as delicate as he thought he'd break it any moment...

Gyu clutched Yeonjun's shirt with his shaking hands, scratching his throat all the way to his lungs with every wail he let out..

he pressed his head hard to Yeonjun's chest screaming at last ...

he suddenly turned silent... he moved up a bit.. hugging yeonjun's neck, placing his head on the elder's shoulder... sticking to him clunching the fabric on his back as hard as he could... then feeling comfortable resting his head on him, he breathed loudly trying to catch his breath, sniffling every few seconds..

_shh.. I'm not goin anywhere... I'm here..

The elder was crashed to the bones with every second that had passed since the phone call... yet didn't dare shed a tear.. for it might've worsened everything...

He gently held him up and walked to the couch ..

The pieces of rope and the chair scattered on the ground was enough to make his heart ache once again.. couldn't help but tear up at the sight...

He tried putting beomgyu on the couch ... but the younger clenched back his shirt,..
as he felt he was about to be snatched away from the source of warmth..

Yeonjun sat on the couch instead, with gyu on his laps and his head resting on his chest...

He looked like a baby at the moment, needing luv desperately ...

and he was there to give him all he had...

words count: 667