Chapter 18

Yeonjun went back home the day after. His father wasn't home the moment he arrived, but his mother was, and she was so worried as expected.

_Mom I already texted u..

_I know Yeonjun but.. tbh sth happened that made me even more thrilled and anxious while u were gone..

_What happened...

_Remember the old lady u introduced me, and... told me to visit her?..

Yeonjun frowned.. then nodded, waiting for her to continue.

_She called me yesterday saying some unpleasing things about that boy u accompanied in the hospital..

Yeonjun tried to control his temper. He looked down, took a deep breath, crossed his arms, then raised his head looking at his mom with a raised eyebrow..

_What kind of rubbish did she spit out?..

_Hey.. what happened suddenly.. you used to say she's kind and...

_I thought she was. She's one of the worst people I've ever seen in my life tho :D

.. now just tell me what she said.

Said Yeonjun starting to lose his temper slowly..

_Ok.. ok calm down.. She told me the boy's a playboy and he's not from a good family.. and.. that I warn you about him...

that's what she said, so I thought I shou_

_Look, mom.. Do not visit her anymore... She's the real bitch and guess her brain's already been chewed off by termites or sth.. Don't listen to her words and forget any shit she told u.

Said Yeonjun now raised in tone a bit.

_Hey Yoenjun wait... Where're u going??? U JUST CAME...
What's the meaning of this behaviourrrr...

_I'M JUST FUCKING SICK AND TIRED OF THIS TOWN AND ITS SCREWD PEOPLE.

He, grabbed a jacket from the hanger, then went out of the house slamming the door behind him..

***

Beomgyu's pov:

The house owner came himself for the rent this morning...

Before that, when I woke up, I saw a paper packet on the tea table.. there was money inside.. and a piece of paper, too.. there was sth written:

"Take this and pay the rent.. I promised I'll make it easier.. So I'll try my best to help. Just, .. Please for God's sake, don't be the stubborn mule u are and accept the money ... "

.. he knows me already..

I paid the rent.. but

.. with my savings...

I'm still not willing to accept his money...
I'm already in debt for the hospital‌ expenses...

It only ends up bringing more harm than good as I always say..

I've gotta find a new job sooner or they'll send me to jail or sth... gotta pay my debt to him asap, too...

.
.
.

2 weeks passed, and Yeonjun's hand was healed already.

Beomgyu started working in a flower shop..

suprisingly, the shop had its special customers willing to pay high prices for large buckets of flower

since the owner had a garden full of rare species..

And gyu's job wasn't that easy.. preparing all those bouquets with sm details.. so the salary wasn't that bad, either.