Chapter 16: Repaired Relationships

Ali (POV)

Roc and I walked back to the school.

"Alright I guess this is it." said Roc

"Thanks for walking me." I said. Roc held out his arms and hugged me goodbye.

"Wait Roc, do you mind waiting with me for a while?, Just until my ride gets here?" I asked.

"Yeah sure." he said sitting down with me on the courtyard bench.

It got a little quiet and awkward until Roc decided to break the silence.

Being around him made me feel extremely nervous. I kind of had this urge to kiss him. I looked at Roc.

"So anyways how was your first day?" he asked.

"Ok, " I mumbled.

"Damn was it that bad?"

"No just different from my old school I guess."  I said.

"Are you ok Ali? How are things with you and Justin?" said Roc still trying to make conversation.

My face literally froze when I heard Justin's name and my insides felt awful. I felt this huge overhwhelming rush run through my body. The rush you get when you're scared or nervous.

"Ali?"

"Yeah Justin and I aren't together anymore." I replied.

"Hahahahahhaha why?" laughed Roc

"It's not funny Roc."

"My bad. Was it a bad break up or something?" he asked.

"Yeah extremely bad, I don't wanna talk about it."

"What did he do? Cheat on you? It couldn't be that bad Ali"

"Not in the way you're thinking. We were in the mall yesterday and these ghetto ass hoodlums bombarded us and chased us, next thing I know Justin and I are hiding in the dressing room, arguing and he pushed me aganist the door so hard, my back still hurts a little. Justin has never been that rough with me before and he just kept yelling at me, kirking on me and I just left. I cut him off."

"Ali" Roc said. He looked down. "I think I know who those guys were."

"Roc you're missing the point, Justin put his hands on me, wait huh? what did you say?" I paused.

"Ali..." Roc stuttered, "Don't get mad at me for this but those guys are fam of Kiera and they came after me a couple nights ago...and Justin came out of nowhere and helped me out, we both ended up getting jumped even though he was following me. He's a good guy, he was trying to protect you from those guys and,

"WHAT THE HELL?", I yelled. "So you knew about this?? Is that why his face was all beat up and fucked up? Because of that bitch and her brothers? Roc that girl is doing way more than mess with you, she's getting her brothers to fuck you up! You can't let her do that, its bad enough-"

"Ali, relax, you don't think I already know this? All I know is that Justin was probably frustrated, he didn't mean to yell at you and push you. You guys need to talk it out, its a stupid reason to break up." said Roc. "You guys were best friends before too."

I sighed. Roc was right. Justin and I were best friends before we started dating and Justin was nice enough to help Roc from getting jumped by those hoodlums. But I could text Justin, maybe after classes are over back at Juliards.

"You're right Roc. I'll talk to him later on." I sighed.

"Good you need to and.."

"Roc my ride is here." I laughed. "But thanks for the advice.