Chapter 17: Breaking Point

Ali (POV)

Before I knew it April and May flew by. The school year was almost over. Justin got better and we became close. We are still dating but because he's always busy at Juliards and he is performing with his theater group competing he has been busy. I hang with Jailee, Rocs cousin and that fool Cameron everyday. They have become close friends of mine. Nothing big has really happened. But Roc has been busy and the boys, we Facetime everyday when he can, we have the funniest moments on Facetime. It was 1 week before the end of my Freshman year was over. This was the last time Roc and I got to hang out and this day is something I will never forget it changed everything between Roc and I.

It was memorial day weekend. My dad and I made plans to go visit some family up in San Diego. I woke up, got dressed. My suitcase was already packed and I grabbed my things and headed downstairs. I checked my phone to text back Justin and suprisingly I got a text from Princeton and Roc.

"Dad???!", I called. "We have to get on the road!!" I yelled. I dropped my suitcase on the floor and roamed in the kitchen. Dad was on the phone.

"Dad??" I called.

"Shh Ali" said my Dad motioning me away.

"But Dad we have to goo!" I whispered loudly.

My Dad ignored me, and I sat down in the kitchen and waited for him to get off the phone.

Finally he did.

"Dad??" I asked.

"Ali, I have to cancel. I'm sorry. I have a lot of work to get done, and I have to pay my bills and finish my work in the studio. It needs to be done by Monday." he said.

I sighed. Nothing has changed. My Dad is still forever busy.

"Fine its cool Dad, maybe next time." I said leaving the kitchen and grabbing my suitcase. I checked my phone to see what Princeton and Roc texted me as I dragged my suitcase up to my room.

I read the text from Princeton

ALIIIIII COME HANG WITH US beforeeee we leave for tour! 

Princeton added a whole bunch of emojis when he texts.

I'd figure since I have nothing to do I will hang with the boys. I checked Rocs text and he said the same thing. I would hang with Justin but he went out of town for Memorial Day too with his family.

I changed my clothes and unpacked my suitcase and grabbed my phone and bookbag and headed downstairs.

After about an hour I asked my Dad if he could drop me off at the Conjunction House. He agreed. I haven't been to the Conjunction House in a while. I usually don't go over there, but Princeton asked me to meet him there. My Dad dropped me off around 12, and waiting in front of the gate was Princeton with his huge hippie shades and his misfits T-shirt and cheetah print pants.

I hopped out of the car, and Princeton ran over to me.

"Ali!" yelled Princeton.

"Hey Prince wasup?" I laughed hugging Princeton.

"Roc is having a Birthday/Goodbye party, you know since he will be on tour for so long." said Princeton."But its a surprise."

"Cool, but wait his birthday is in July." I said.

I know because ironically my birthday is after Rocs

"That's the point." said Princeton. "His family won't see him on his birthday, so that's why we are having the party."