Chapter 1:The Beginning

(POV) Ali

It was cold and empty in my old room. I dropped my suitcases and my bags. My room was plain. The walls were still baby pink they were painted when I was a baby, everything was still the same. I haven't been back home in a while. At least since in a couple months. My room was still the same. Same pink glass mirror, same old pink piano by my desk in my room. But there were no pictures on the wall, like in my dorm room at my boarding school which I had to take down unfortunetly. It felt good being back in LA. I went to boarding school in San Diego and it was fun and all but being back home felt better.

"Hey Ali, I got to go run to the studio, will you be ok here by yourself unpacking?" asked my Dad

My Dad looked completely stressed.

"Yes" I answered

"Ok I'll be back in a couple hours. We can have dinner when I come back love." he replied

"Ok sure!" I said

My Dad rushed out of the room before I could even look up at the door. I guess I didn't mind my Dad being busy now. Before it was kind of like this but he would always rehscedule or something. But now it was different, he kind of ran short on money and now I barely see him. I felt awful having to leave my school. My piano teacher was amazing, I have to admit she is even better than my Dad. But I guess its ok. I slumped down on my floor and unpacked all my clothes. I had so many and this was going to take forever. I really miss my best friend Justin. He was still back at Juliards'. Thats the name of my boarding school. Juliards School Of Perfoming Arts and it was expensive too. There were alot of kids at my school with celebrity parents. But you kind of got used to it. Justin's dad used to be a movie director back in 80s, guess that pretty much explains why Justin wants to be an actor. Justin and I grew up together. He lives right next door to me. I realized that it was the weekend. His parents always let him come home on the weekend. I got up and and searched my fluffy bed for my cell phone. The battery was dead. Great. I forgot what bag I left my charger in so I scanned the room for my other suitcases. I hope they aren't still in my Dad's car. Then I heard a ringing, it obviously wasn't my cell phone...it was my house phone. I picked it up.

"Hello?"

"ALIIIIIIIIIIIIIII," said a voice.

"Justin?" I asked.

"Yeah you back home yet?" he asked.

"Unfortunetly....aren't you coming home today?" I asked

"I'm already here girl." laughed Justin

"Really? That fast?"

"I had to go get my braces taken off today so by the time I got back here to LA and got them off, school was over so I just stayed here at home. I figured after you stopped texting me you were home." he said

"No, my phone died, but are you gonna help me put away all my stuff or what? And I am gonna need help putting all these new posters up...." I asked

" Uh..actually, I'm busy."

 "NO JUSTIN! you have to..there is too much stuff." I whinned.

"Alright alright....but you owe me sis. Last time when I just helped you pack clothes to go home for one weekend...that took us four hours." he said.

"I guess we will just be up all night, huh?" I laughed.

Justin: guess so...see you in 60sec