Chapter 23: Ready For Love?

Narrator (POV)

Roc paused for a second. "C'mon bro!" tapped Prodigy. "We are on in a couple minutes." he said running back to the dressing room. Roc ran over and hugged Ali. "Al!!!!" he yelled. He didn't even care who saw them. Ali was so warm in his arms and she smelled good. "Ahhh", he thought. He missed her so much.

"Roc!" giggled Ali. "How are you?" she smiled.

"What are you doing here? In New York???" Roc asked excitely, he couldn't stop hugging Ali. "Damn girl you look beautiful." he smiled.

Ali couldn't help but laugh. She missed Roc. After about a month not being in his presence she noticed he grew a tad bit taller and his hair grew puffier. Roc looked so different to her, and Ali looked different to Roc.

"Roc! Hey we on in 5, c'mon bro!" yelled Prince. "You start on the left with me!"

"Shit," said Roc. He hugged Ali before he got on, "Ali wait for me, you know after the show, umm you want be to bring you on stage? I'll ask Walter. Yo Ali I miss you a lot girl."

"C'mon Roc!" yelled Prince.

"Its ok, I'll be in the audience watching! Have fun! Do good!" said Ali hugging him tight and then Roc ran backstage down the stairs from where the boys were gonna run out from stage.

Roc was even more pump knowing Ali was here watching. He wanted to do good, he didn't wanna mess up and he knew he wasn't going to but he was still nervous, having Ali here made him feel some sort of a safe haven. Roc followed Prince down the stairs and MB waited for their cue to pop up from underneath and surprise their anxious fans. Roc could hear the cheering and screaming and he was excited.

 Myles cued the boys and the boys hit their stage with all their energy. They hit every dance move and performed every song like it was a second nature. The fans cheered and screamed. Ali and Jasmine were in the very front row cheering them on for the first couple of songs and went backstage to wait on them. Ali had never been so proud of Roc. He was amazing and seeing him do the stuff that he loves made her feel all warm inside. However Ali forgot all about what Princeton told her last night on Facetime. She was too happy seeing Roc.

Before the show ended, the boys were getting ready to perform "Missing You". Ali and Jasmine were just sitting aganist the wall backstage waiting for the show to be over, until Walter came over and grabbed their attention.

"Hey Jasmine!," said Walter. "We need two more girls to come on stage for the Missing You performance, can you guys get on stage please?" he asked.

Jasmine and Ali looked at each other in confusion and followed Walter. Walter knew of Jasmine. He knew Jasmine was Ray's girlfriend and Jasmine was surprised he didn't ask why she was here in NY. Maybe Ray told him. But Jasmine and Ali followed Walter to the side of the stage, the lights were real dim and they walked over to the white couches. Ali looked out to the audience, she couldn't see much but she saw little lights and posters. She was nervous. She was a little confused as to what was going on. Jasmine and Ali sat down, "Jaz why are we on stage? Are they gonna sing to us or something?" asked Ali.

"I guess so, hahahahaha. I won't be able to take Ray seriously, lip syncing to me." laughed Jasmine. Suddenly the music started and Missing You played. The boys came out. Roc and Ray from the left where Ali and Jasmine were sitting, and Prod and Princeton from the right. The stage lights shone on them. Ali couldn't see the audience but she was nervous. She never been on stage before.