Chapter 9: Unexpected Surprises Part.2

Ali (POV)

We made our way down the concrete sidewalk. Prince let me lean on him while I hopped. The mall was about 3 or 4 blocks up and we made it in no time. I kept checking the time on my phone. I had 21 minutes. I knew I had to leave, but I was kind of ease- dropping on Star and Roc's conversation. They were arguing, but I kind of wish Roc wasn't whispering so low, I couldn't make out what he was saying to Star...... At all. Roc glanced over at me. I looked away.

We made our way up the block and right in front of us the was the mall parking lot. I haven't been to the mall in forever. Jasmine seemed excited though, she ran to the doors in the mall like a world renown track star.

Prince: you wanna get some ice cream before you have to leave?

Me: yeah sure

Jasmine: I am in desperate need of shopping for some new spring clothes!

Roc: damn Jasmine, do your credit cards even expire??? Let alone do they overmax??

Jasmine: Hahahahaha is that a joke? Negro please, my Daddy adds an extra 50 a week.

Roc: ahhh

Keke: Well all I can afford is H&M and PAC Sun....Jasmine you wanna help me pick out some dope stuff?

Jasmine: yeah of course! maybe I'll find something cheap for a change.... Oh and Ali! I'm sorry you have to leave soon, you wanna come with us right quick?

Me: I don't think I can, maybe we can go tomorrow?

Jasmine: yeah the mall closes at 7 anyway and we only have like 20 mina till it closes anyway, bye Ali! I'll text ya!

Me: alright bye guise, nice meeting you Keke

Keke: same, see ya later  bye Justin

I hugged both Jasmine and Keke goodbye and watched as Keke tried to catch up with Jasmine's speedy feet. I turned back and realized that Roc and Star were gone. Ray, Prince and Justin were still here.

 Prince: c'mon let's go get some ice cream

 I guess Prince really did know I felt. I did wanna say goodbye to Roc, but he went total M.I.A with Star, I mean I don't know why I keep acting like it was a bad thing, that was his girlfriend after all, but at the same time I couldn't help feel like Roc was mine. Even though he definitely wasn't.

I followed Prince, Ray and Justin to the ice cream shop, it was called Connie The Cow, Hahahahaha what a stupid name for a ice cream shop. I got vanilla, Prince got some rainbow flavor, Ray got strawberry and Justin got his favorite, Rocky Road. I followed Princeton to the table set outside of the shop.

"Prince can I ask you something?" I asked.

Prince: yeah A, wassup

"Where do you think Roc and Star went?"

Prince: I don't know,

Me: I know this sounds crazy but I can't help but think about it.

"You like him don't you?" asked Prince

"Yeah kind of, do you think he really likes her?" I asked.

"Yeah, she doesn't." replied Prince "They should just break up."

"Wait are you saying Roc likes Star than Star likes him?" I asked in confusion

Princeton didn't respond. He had put back on those dark shades so I couldn't see his face....but I couldn't quite figure out why he said Roc likes Star more than Star loves him as much as I did. I took a couple spoonfuls of my ice cream. Princeton looked up at me.