Chapter 13: Departed

Chapter 13:

 Ali (POV)

I woke up the next morning tired as ever. I got a text from Princeton. It read call me ASAP. The text was sent an hour ago. I looked the time on my phone. It wasn't even morning it was 11:00am. I found this werid, because usually my Dad would take me to church like he did before I was in boarding school at Juliards. But he didn't.

"Dad?" I said peeping out my bedroom door.

"Dad???" I said.

"Yes Ali?" he said. I was relieved he was home.

"Goodmorning Dad" I said.

He was cooking breakfast, which made me feel a little relieved. "Goodmorning Ali" he said kissing me on the forehead. I wiped it off, I always do that.

"How is everything?" I asked.

"Its good, we finished some music and luckily the album will be released next month for the artist Kayla Briana" he said. "But unfortunetly I have to meet with some clients today, I might have to write some music for some Disney Channel stars or something." he laughed.

"That sounds fun Dad," I laughed.

"But Ali I know how desperately you wanted me to take you shopping to buy some new clothes for your first day in public school tomorrow, so here's $100, its not much, but."

"Thank you so much Dad" I said squeezing my Dad.

"Ahh!" Your welcome" he laughed. "But we can have breakfast together dear and then I have to leave." he said.

"Awww ok." I mumbled. I sat down at the table and waited for my fresh eggs and pancakes and bacon. Meanwhile I was on my phone. Jasmine texted me, and I realized I never called Princeton. So I got up and opened the sliding glass doors to outside and dialed Princeton.

"Ali?"

"hey Prince, sorry I called so late, but what's up?" I asked.

"Ali, I couldn't help it, I did it again." said Prince.

"Did what?" I asked.

"I slept with Star" he whispered.

I knew it.

"Princeton I told you not to go over to her hotel!" I yelled.

"I know, I know, but see Star is here with her group, the OMG Girlz. She's in a girl group. They are here in LA with her mom Tiny and their manager Tamara. She lives in ATL, but she is staying here for a couple months and she wanted me to come over so I did!" he said.

"You went to her hotel room?" I asked.

"Kind of." he mumbled.

"Princeton, you can't keep having sex with her like that, did you guys protect yourselves?" I asked.

"Yes. I made sure of that. I stole Walter's old box of condoms."

"Oh ok then." I said.

"Ali, what do I do?" he asked.

"I don't know Princeton, you keep digging yourself in a deeper hole. Why can't you and Roc just leave her alone! What does she have over you?"

"I don't know, wait what do you mean Roc?" he asked. "They broke up!"

"Ali breakfast is ready," called out my Dad.

 "Nothing, nevermind, I'll talk to you later Prince" I said hanging up the phone.

Damn, I almost squealed. I couldn't let Princeton know about what Roc told me or let Roc know about what Princeton told me.

 I walked back into the kitchen and sat down. This felt like old days, the days when my house wasn't so quite, when my Dad was happier and we actually felt like a family. This time around, I didn't feel like we were a family. Only because I don't have any siblings or a step-mom and before I went to boarding school, my Dad would always bring strange women home that I didn't take a comfort to but when he realized that he stopped dating them. I always wondered if I was always in the way of him finding a new women. It would be a nice change.

For What It's Worth (Roc Royal Fanfic)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें