Emergency Treatment

Teju looked at her patient’s leg where the snake had bitten her, which was turning purple, and sighed helplessly.

The nurse and the Head nurse are still trying to call the pharmacy department and they have already sent a ward boy to fetch the anti-venom personally from the pharmacy department, but that was in the other building.

Teju was watching the scene from the corner of her eyes and was pissed off.

She could have treated the patient in a natural way to at least reduce the chance of septic infection, but it could be against the rules of the hospital. That’s why she waited patiently, because the wound was still not serious.
When the wait was longer than her patience, she decided to proceed with the treatment as per her wish.

“No result?” Teju came to the head nurse and asked while crossing arms across her chest.

“Doctor, we are still trying.” Head nurse replied.

“Let it be for now and get me a piece of cloth and a sanitized scalpel, fast.”

Teju ordered the nurse and started wearing gloves for the procedure.

The nurse brought all that stuff to Teju super quickly and wore gloves to assist the doctor.

She immediately tied the cloth on the upper side of the patients calve tightly to stop the blood flow, and then she took the scalpel and made an incision at the end of the calve close to her wound to bleed out the venom that had started spreading into the patient’s bloodstream.

This was just a temporary solution to reduce the chance of death and to slow down the spread of the venom to other parts of the body. Meanwhile, their struggle to get the anti-venom was still on.

Finally, the emergency ward got their stock of medicine from the pharmacy department and Teju saved the patient with proper treatment.
Karan looked at his wristwatch and rubbed his temple.

‘It’s been more than three hours for the interns to have joined their duties, hope Dr. Teju Kapoor was doing her job without any mistake. Even though she is capable, it’s the first day of her internship. I must check myself.’

Karan thought with confusion and after getting to a conclusion, he stood up and went to the emergency ward, where Teju had just performed the treatment on a young girl bitten by a snake.

Being the dean of the hospital, he found out the details of the case and treatment. As usual, he got upset with Teju about doing it in an unofficial way. Teju was checking the patient and prescribing the medicine after performing the treatment when Karan attacked her.

“Dr. Teju, I know it’s your first day of internship but I was expecting you to have the basic knowledge to treat a patient with anti-venom who is suffering from poisoning to their body.”

Even though Karan said it in a polite tone, Teju knew he was only trying to defame her.

She looked around the ward, which was full of other doctors, patients, and other staff members.

“I am sorry Dr. KK, from the next time I will take care of it.”

Teju endured the urge to refuting Karan and let him know about the poor management of his so called proud hospital. It was not her fault if the emergency ward hadn’t stocked their drugs and medicines. She did her job well and saved the patient, even if in an unofficial way.

Karan was surprised by Teju’s polite tone.

‘Wow, Teju accepted her mistake and apologized without any argument. Seems like the first day in the emergency ward, she has already realized that she had made a grave mistake by challenging me. I tamed this prankster girl quicker than expected.’