A Moment From Past

“Did you do prank in the hospital?”

A Stern voice of Varun echoed in Teju’s ears, made her open her eyes with a jerk. She straightened her back, looked into Varun’s sharp gaze, who towered over her.

“What? VB, what are you talking about?”

Teju fumbled with her words, avoiding eye contact with Varun’s stern gaze.

Now Varun was sure his little sister has done something mischievous.

“Don’t you dare lie to me? Come on, speak up. What did you do?”

Teju felt like she was trapped. Now her big brother will not spare her until he digs into the truth.

‘Oh god, help me......’ Teju prayed in her heart, which was answered by god when Dhanya Kapoor and Disha Kapoor came out of their respective room after listening to the roar of Varun.

Teju released a sigh of relief when she found help for her rescue.

“Varun, what is wrong with you? Why are you shouting?” Disha asked.

“Mom, I am sure your darling daughter has done something mischievous again, but she is lying.” Varun said while shooting a glare at Teju, whose posture has completely changed after getting help.

“No, I didn’t....” Teju acted like she was scared.

“Don’t lie.....”

“Varun, don’t make a fuss out of trivial matters. Trust your sister, if she is saying, she didn’t do anything,” Dhanya said in a polite tone to cease the fire.

“VB, even DB understands me better, and you always doubt me. It’s highly disappointing.” Teju said dramatically and made a cute pout to act innocent.

No matter what Teju does, Varun was not going to buy it. Other people’s interference only enraged him even more.

“Dhanya, will you please stay out of it? And for god’s sake, don’t support her crazy pranks. She is not a kid anymore.
They cannot tolerate these things in the colleges.”

Varun scolded both, but it didn’t affect Teju at all.

“VB, I already cleared my college, now I am in my internship.”

Varun clenched his teeth, getting even more aggregated by Teju’s obstinacy.

“Stop arguing. Teju, whatever, either you accept it or not, both of us know, I am not mistaken, am I?” Varun said in a low yet antagonizing tone. Teju crouches her head, partially accepting her fault.

“For god’s sake, Teju grow up and stop your crazy pranks for no reason. Be serious and focus on your carrier. You have to fulfill your parent’s last wish. And the most important thing maintain distance from these big doctors, who look decent and sober at face, but are monsters at heart. Most importantly, avoid Dr. Karan Kundrra as much as you can. You are not allowed to be frank with him and be related to him. He is.......”

“Please Varun, it’s enough.......”

Varun was enraged and was venting out some inner frustration, but Disha cut him off, restrained him from blabbering further.

He realized that he shouldn’t let his anger overpower his senses and reveal the things they are hiding from Teju for so many years. He clenched his fist helplessly and strode off towards his study, followed by Disha.

Teju was shocked for a few moments.

“VB is short-tempered, no doubt, but why does he hate Dr. Karan Kundrra? He said this before too, didn’t he?” Teju asked to Dhanya.