Jeopardy

Karan laid on couch after making Teju sleep comfortably on the bed and drifted in to do slumber being tired of all the drama in one day.

Sunita couldn't able to sleep and sitting in her room with tears in her eyes.

"I knew it mom, you were shedding tears in alone." Aly walked in and wiped his mother's tears.

"What should i do Lucky, I was feeling guilty."

"Guilty for what, mom? Being mother you didn't do anything wrong."

"Even after knowing that Teju was forced into this marriage I prepared for their wedding night. It must be terrified and painful for her. Every girl has some dreams for their groom, marriage, wedding night, honeymoon, but Teju's dreams must be scattered." Sunita said between sob and guilt prevailed to her heart more.

"Then why did you do that?"

Aly didn't get the reason behind the preparations of wedding night, when his mom knew it would be hurtful for Teju.

"To make her burst and vent out her suppress anger. Since she stepped into our mansion she was like a lifeless body. Neither she ate nor showed any emotions. She bottled up everything inside her."

"Oh. I see, but mom, wouldn't she burst out on Karan?" Aly boobled his head and asked.

"I am sure she already vented her anger on Karan, but he will take care of it because it's a matter of Teju's safety and he had to endure it. I am sure after pouring out all her emotions she will be normal like before and start afresh with us."

"I wish so....."

Aly bid night to Sunita and head out leaving her alone with in the memory lane of couple of weeks before when she got the most exciting news.
...............

"Varun, I knew you would be here and crying alone." Dhanya walked into Varun's study room with two mugs of coffee in her hand.

Varun hugged his wife and shed few more tears. "What should I do Dhanya, I am drowning in guilt."

Dhanya kept the coffee mugs on the table, broke the hug and held Varun's face in her palm.

"Why are feeling guilty?"

"I slapped Teju, my baby sis for the first, and I can't even apologizes to her. From now on I have no rights to fulfill her demands to seek her forgiveness as I used to do in the past."

Varun was getting emotional and thoughts prevailed in the bottom of his heart that he lost her forever.

"That's not true Varun, Teju is still your sister and you have all rights as you are her elder brother." Dhanya said to console Varun, but he was more remorseful.

"That's killing me more, I let her go to them even after knowing Kundrra family well. I let her got married to Karan Kundrra. Even after knowing she was forced into this marriage and going to register it, I didn't stop because I was helpless."

"You were not helpless Varun, you were a protective brother. You took this drastic step to keep your sister safe, do you understand." Henna said in soft tone to pulled Varun out of his negative thoughts.

Varun nodded his head while keeping it at the the back post of the couch and closed his eyes.

Dhanya stared him for a few minutes and sighed. She knows that he need some time in alone that's stride out of his study room.

Varun drowned in the memory lane of 15 days before when Disha spoke to Shashank and Sakhi and feared for Teju's safety.

That day Varun walked into Disha's room and found her sitting on the bed, keeping her head on the back post resting with closed eyes. She must be in deep thoughts.