The Trauma Patient

"Dr. Teju, would you able to do this, would you able to stitch this open wound, when the patient is neither in his full senses nor still?" Karan asked solemnly while looking deep inside Teju's thoughtful eyes.

In a situation like this he unknowingly behaved like he can trust Teju Kapoor, an intern more than an ER specialist.

Teju think for a while, then sighed and nodded. "I can do that, it's not so difficult."

She came forward boldly, took the seat and slightly touch the patient's arm, then blew air on it and just like that he made the drunk man believe that his arm is already numb and he couldn't feel anything.

Karan held his arm and Teju stitched his wound. The procedure has done in no time and the team of Karan and Teju moved from that patient.

"Now where are you heading?"

Karan called Teju because she was moving out of the ward.

"I am going to the restroom and for your kind information I am not so drowsy to make any mistake over there, kindly don't follow me there." Teju said annoyingly and walked fast before Karan will say anything else.

Ahh, that was unimaginable embarrassing. The day hasn't even passed half and Karan was already annoyed. He wanted to end it here but heard the same whistle from behind.

Aly came with a teasing smirk on his face and said, "Karan bhai, it's a bet for being her assistant, not for bossing her around."

Karan looked around and pulled Aly from his collar towards an isolated corner.

"Lucky, behave yourself, you don't need to surveillance on me and If you are keeping eye on me, than you must know that I am completing my bet sincerely, so don't get into my skin, otherwise in the next roll call you will be called by your real name and I will announce you my younger brother." Karan said between with indignant and frustration.

It's already exasperating for him to follow around the intern and didn't let anybody know that he is assisting Dr. Teju Kapoor, now this Lucky is getting on his nerves.

Even though Aly was horrified by Karan's anger, he enjoyed his condition in his heart.

"Why are you getting on me, when you lost the bet, what did I do?" Aly said innocently.

"Lucky, you punk, you will be dead by me."

Karan showed him fist, glaring him with fire spitting eyes.

Aly held his wrist fast and said, "Alright, big brother, I apologizes and right from this moment I am getting my butt out of your sight, enjoy." Aly said it teasingly and ran out of the ward.

Karan rubbed his palm in his hair and punched his fist on the wall. This is the worst day of his life, since he graduated from medical college.

"Here is the emergency patient." Paramedic yelled while pushing the stretcher.

Karan saw Teju was taking the case detail, now he have to go to her again.

"She is 19 years old, fallen from the stairs and injured her head and lower abdomen. We didn't find anything more but she lost too much of blood."

Paramedics gave the all case details to Teju with vitals, pulse, pressure.

The girl was unconscious. Teju checked her wound on forehead, then her eyes, chest and every single details, then asked nurse to arrange her blood type, the IV drip and 20cc injection, whereas Karan perfomed his duties as assistant and made it ready for the stitches.

The cut was 4 inches long and deep, it took a while for Teju to stitch it properly.

"Cover it properly and send her for brain CT scan."