Deja Vu

A girl is putting off a 'T' initial ring and tossing it, was like a deja vu for Karan. Just now Dr. Teju put off her ring and threw it in the dustbin.

A painful incident from his post came infront of him making him upset again. Karan zoomed out of his thoughts with a jerk and looked at Teju's 'T' initial ring with a faint smile. Then he slide the tiny ring in his pocket.

Another side Teju looked at her finger where she used to wear the ring, she threw it in the recycle bin just now and sighed.

She has a busy schedule since morning, just now she got free for a few minutes and her gaze fell on white scar on her ring finger mourning for being empty.

"Ma'am, I am not doing this for fun, we are here liable for your health and this injection is an important drug prescribed in your routine."

A sharp voice jolted Teju, zooming her out. She noticed Dr. Aly was facing hard time dealing with a patient in her late 60's since long who is not letting him inject her syringe. No matter how hard he tried, she didn't budge.

Teju shook her head and went to Lucky. Even though they are still strangers to each other, they are still colleague and most important, he is dealing with a patient.

"Excuse me, Dr. Lucky may I help you?"

Aly was really frustrated with the tantrums of this old woman, she was irritating him for long. He found a help in form of Teju.

"Dr. Teju, do you have any trick in sleeves to make this old lady ready to take her injection. She already wasted my half an hour." Aly said helplessly.

He didn't know whether it will work or not, but Teju could be his saviour.

"Let me try......." Teju said with gentle smile and forwarded her hand for injection.

Aly got pleased by help, still he wanted to be sure before letting her treat his patient. "Are you sure you can do this?"

"I am, please root for me."

Teju took injection from Aly and bumped her fist from his.

The old lady started screaming at the top of her lungs, giving ear blood to the entire ward, when she saw Teju was approaching towards her with the injection in her hand.

"I told you I will not let pierced this little creepy piece of iron to my body."

"I will not even let you near me."

"Stay away from me you little punk."

"Don't come near me."

Teju didn't give damn to her shout and walked straight to her.

"Ma'am relax, I am not here to inject you this little creepy piece of iron. In fact let me keep it aside. It's really creepy and worthless."

Teju kept injection at the corner of the side table and held the old woman's hand.

Old woman calmed a bit but she didn't believe that doctor will not inject her syringe that's why she put her guard on and didn't leave her sight from the syringe.

"I don't believe you."

"It's ok, you can take your time." Teju said politely to relax the patient.

"Ma'am, if you are ok, shall we talk about something else, like what do you like to do whenever you have some free time." Teju asked to divert her mind.

"I like to watch daily soaps." Old woman replied.

"Oh great, even I like to watch, by the way what are your favorite shows and who is your favourite actor and actress. Did you watch recent award shows. Which actor you were rooting for." Teju asked showing utmost interest in the patient's hobby.