Freedom ||

The winds around Mondstadt were way colder and more fresh than usual, it was a colder time of the year after all. Aether was surprised by the sudden climate change in the nation of the anemo archon. It was usually pretty warm and there was never any cold wind. The weather around Teyvat sure changed ever since defeating the abyss order, perhaps they had something to do with the weather the entire time.

Xiao and the traveler were heading towards Mondstadt city to book a hotel room to stay at for the time being. They planned to stay there for at least a month before heading to a different nation. The blonde boy refused to use his tea pot since he wanted to renovate it to make more space. Sleeping outside of the pot wasn't too big of a problem for him anyway.

As they were walking on the main road towards the city, the Yaksha stopped and started gazing around the place with his eyes, he seemed amused by the scenery. Everything about the land fascinated him.

"Are you enjoying our little trip so far?" Questioned the blonde boy.

"This nation...is way calmer than Liyue. The air also seems easier to breathe. It's very different than what I'm used to, but so far, it's interesting."

As he was looking around, a crystalfly appeared out of nowhere, it started flying around the two boys almost blinding them from how shiny it was. The fly then suddenly landed on top of the Adeptuses head.

The crystalfly stayed there for a while before slowly falling asleep on the boy's head.

"Hold on a moment, isn't this the same one that we met back in Liyue? I heard they're able to change colors a few times in their entire lifetime."

Aether suddenly remembered that meeting with cloud retainer he had a few months ago, when she mentioned how Xiao possibly had a crush on the traveler. Seeing how things have turned out it seemed that she was right. Back then he thought the bird was just trying to tease him, since she liked making fun of all her friends from time to time.

Back then the boy was so clueless of love, he thought that his feelings for the Yaksha were just platonic and nothing serious. Currently he couldn't be happier about them finally being returned. After cloud retainer told him that his now boyfriend had a possible crush on him, he started observing the boy's body language was more than before, every day that passed by he seemed to be getting more touchy with the traveler and more comfortable with chit chat.

Remembering those times made him smile unconsciously.

"Seems like it, maybe he's been following us the entire time." The Adeptus let the poor thing rest on his head as he continued to walk on the path together with his partner.

"You look adorable with that thing on your head."

"Huh..." He was startled by the sudden comment made by the traveler, Xiao immediately looked away in embarrassment, trying not to react, but it was too late. He already did do a strange reaction.

Aether grabbed his hand and continued walking, they have reached the bridge leading to the city of Mondstadt so the boy wanted to hurry up a little. He was excited to show his lover what the liveliest place of the nation looked like. Voices could already be heard from the bridge, everyone seemed so energetic and lively.

As they started crossing the bridge, a certain boy started giving the blonde a death glare, he wouldn't take his eyes off of him the entire time. It was as if he held a huge grudge against him.

Of course the Yaksha noticed it but didn't say anything, after taking one quick look at the traveler, he noticed that he payed zero attention to the little boy feeding pigeons on the bridge. Perhaps the two were enemies or the kid simply hated adults.