To love or to hate? (2)

"I tried to, trust me I really tried but I couldn't do it. It is, as they say, no matter what your mind wants you to do your heart will always one way or another manage to take over. I'm not upset, I'm very happy I'm able to speak with him again but..."

"But you still feel terrible for what you've done? Dear traveler, you mustn't worry too much! This is natural. Of course, you'll feel this way. He forgave you and is willing to give you a second chance. It's not often that you come across somebody like that. The universe is giving you another chance in love! Don't give up on it now."

"It's been a while since somebody called me the traveler...it feels odd now...haha."

"Excuse me, that may have come off as a bit disrespectful. You're the strongest God in Teyvat at the moment, please do remind me to address you by the correct title."

Two very familiar voices were talking from a distance, it woke the Yaksha up. He instantly sat up and looked around to see if his lover was there. He was alone in the bed but felt relieved after realizing that one of the voices speaking was Aether. The other voice sounded slightly pitched so that must have been the anemo archon.

Xiao rubbed his eyes with his hands. He must have been asleep for many days. His head hurt but his memories from the last time he was awake were very clear.

The blonde was back.

He smiled and laid back on the bed while staring at the ceiling. The boy couldn't believe this wasn't some type of mean dream. He took some time collecting his thoughts before getting up.

There was a bathroom right next to the room. It wouldn't be a bad idea to take a quick shower, but again, Xiao wasn't sure where exactly he was. The house seemed very fancy and expensive. Would it be right to shower in such a strange house?

The way the furniture was placed looked a lot like Aether's style. The colors, decorations, and everything else also seemed to fit with the traveler's personality.

Was this his house, no, palace?

It took some thinking and consideration but after too much time had passed, the Adeptus decided to go shower. He took some clothes that were in the room's closet knowing that his partner wouldn't mind and went for it.

Meanwhile, with Aether and Venti, the two boys were drinking tea in the palace's massive living room and talking about the recent events.

"Eh? Are you sensing what I'm sensing?" The bard asked with a small smirk on his face.

"He woke up. Took him long enough..." Aether complained jokingly.

The second Xiao and the blonde reunited the boy decides to fall asleep for a whole month. The traveler was expecting a long slumber from him but nothing this long. He missed him.

"Do you think his view on you will change now that he sobered up?"

"Only time will tell..." The blonde responded while looking into one of the windows with sadness in his eyes. Venti, of course, noticed this.

"How ironic. You're the new god of time! Go look into the future and see what happens so you can mentally prepare yourself for it." The anemo archon suggested while taking a sip of his drink.

Aether looked at Venti with an annoyed look. He knew the boy was joking but using his powers like that seemed like cheating. He wanted to refrain from looking into the future as much as possible. One could say he was scared of it.

"I'm joking, no worries..."

"Do you...think he meant it when he said he still loves me? What if everything changes between us?... How irritating!" The blonde complained while leaning back on the sofa he was sitting on and covering his face with his hands. He had been an emotional wreck while waiting for his lover to wake up.