All over again ||

It didn't take too long for the Adeptus to come back, unfortunately he came back empty handed. Baizhu had told him that Paimon wasn't quite ready to wake up yet, they are gonna have to keep her in a coma for a while longer. He felt bad that the traveler's best friend was going through all this.

He really disliked the floating fairy at first but after hanging out with Aether for so long, he started feeling thankful for her. She had been looking out for the boy ever since his journey began, without her the blonde would be dead. She also was the only one who always kept his sanity high.

The boy always had at least one companion with him at a time. Despite being very good at fighting, there always had to be at least one person looking out for him. The traveler disliked being alone, so of course his partner made sure to be quick with his visit to Bubu Pharmacy.

He found his lover sitting at the same rock he left him at, everything seemed the same as before expect one thing.

The polearm was stained with blood, and so were the blonde's hands. But despite all that he seemed pretty calm.

"Ah you're back." Said Aether with a faint smile on his face.

"...what happened here? Did somebody attempt to attack you, are you hurt?"

"I'll explain everything but please tell me how's Paimon. What did Baizhu say?"

Xiao looked away for a moment, he didn't want that beautiful smile to go away but he had to break the news to him.

"She's doing way better than before. Her heartbeat and breathing has improved a lot. But unfortunately, she still isn't able to wake up. The doctor believes it will only take a while longer...I'm sorry."

"Oh...I see." Like the Yaksha had expected, his smile instantly faded away as he looked down to the ground.

He missed his former companion constantly complaining about how hungry she was. But most of all he wanted to hug her and tell her how much he missed her. They haven't talked in a few months, every that that passed by, the Traveler missed her more.

"But why are you apologizing? It's not your fault she's in a coma..."

"If I ran faster to save you both back then, I could've saved her aswell." He stopped realizing how selfish he sounded. "But enough about myself. Tell me what happened here."

The blonde took one look at the spear and handed it over to the Adeptus. He unexpectedly hugged him lazily since he still was feeling nausea.

"Thank you for lending me that..."

Xiao held his weak body tight, he felt so exhausted. The boy wasn't sure how he even survived the fight he was in. It seemed to be pure luck.

With his voice still very shaky, the blonde explained how an invisible figure most likely created by his sister attacked him. He knew it was from Lumine because of the aura he senses, besides that, how could a creature that isn't from Teyvat get in contact with him? The thing that really made his mind puzzled was the reason it was still alive.

All the Abyss heralds and other abyss creatures have died. So why was that thing still alive?

He explained to his boyfriend in short what had happened, he glared at the polearm and figured he was telling the truth. Only thing that seemed odd about his story was how the creature was invisible. Xiao couldn't help but doubt that. He strongly believed that invisibility was a lie. Nobody could posses such power. If something was invisible then it didn't exist.

The Yaksha wasn't sure what that could've been, but he decided to believe his boyfriend for now.

"I'm confused as to how her creations are still capable of reaching me...you saw me stab her didn't you!?" The blonde yelled in frustration.