Friends from afar |

As soon as the morning sun rose, the two boys planned to finally head back to the teapot to not make Paimon worry anymore. They have been outside already for a long time, the girl was probably worried sick if she was keeping track of the time, which was very likely. She was always afraid of being away from the traveler but she trusted leaving him alone with the Yaksha, the time they spent made the floating pixie understand how much Xiao had changed. Not only did he change but so did her best friends. Both changed a lot after everything that had happened.

It wasn't a bad change in any kind of way. It was a kind that looked forward to a better future for them all. Aether was happy despite his sister being gone from his life and the Adeptus wasn't so anti-social and stuck in his own world anymore.

When apart they always had some kind of issue messing with their mind, but when together, solving it seemed easier in some kind of weird way. It was hard for both to explain. Feelings were always something difficult to explain for everyone, no matter if human or immortal or any kind of elemental being.

Before the sunrise officially ended, they decided to look at it for just a little longer before leaving. By that time the Yaksha was already done with trying out eyeliner on his lover. He couldn't deny that it fit the blonde perfectly. He looked stunning.

The two laid there on the sand next to one another while holding hands and staring at the sun.

"Seems like what you said about being able to look into the far distance with eyeliner was true." The traveler pointed out as he noticed that an unknown island was visible from the beach, he never noticed it before.

"You can see it as glasses for the Adepti."

"You weren't trying to do this because you believe I have bad eyesight did you?" He teased.

"Well, if I'm being honest, I don't ever remember you noticing the hints I was dropping before all...this...happened. I Figured your eyesight was bad."

Aether's eyes wandered away from the sun and looked at his partner's. Every word that came out of that boy's mouth seemed to surprise him even more than the last. He couldn't tell if Xiao was teasing him or horribly wording his sentence.

"Hints?" He questioned.

There was no response, instead, the Yaksha just stood up, letting go of the blonde's hand. He was looking away the entire time as if he felt embarrassed.

"Forget it. It's about time we return. Paimon will start to get worried."

"Are you sure she's the reason you wish to head back? You're really bad at hiding things..."

With that, the traveler stood up and went searching for the teapot. He wasn't expecting an answer nor did he wish for one. Besides, Xiao was right about heading back.

It didn't take too long before they got transported into the realm. Tubby was waiting for them right at the entrance with her usual bright smile. However, Paimon was nowhere around.

Before Istaroth made the world go back in time the bird was chatting with Paimon. Nothing should have changed except the time. Not that long has passed since the original world's meeting with the two, what could have possibly happened to the white-haired girl?

"Greetings you two! You've been out for quite a while, I hope you spent a great time outside. And oh! Is that eyeliner? Fits you pretty well, traveler!" Tubby welcomed the two as she Complimented the red lines around the boy's eyes. Her eyes sparkled as she saw it, seems like she really liked it.

"Hello, Tubby! Glad to see you again! Have you seen Paimon?" The blonde asked with a smile.

"Ah! She's in the back looking at the mail you have missed while being sick. She got so bored waiting for you two to come back that she decided to read some of it. By the look of it, it seems she's having fun."