Awakening ||

Aether headed back to have a chat with the Dendro archon after his companion left to go to her room. She didn't even say anything to Nahida. Fortunately, due to the God's decent understanding of humans, she could tell that some argument occurred while the two were having a chat.

The Goddess gave the boy a defeated look. She couldn't understand what Paimon was going through. Through the past couple of days, she has been constantly mentioning the traveler with clear tears in her eyes, but now that they reunite this happens.

"I believe it's best to leave her in Sumeru for now. I'm sure you're smart enough to understand why." The girl started.

She was hinting that she knew what was going on. The look in her eyes said a lot. The blonde knew whatever was about to come wasn't gonna be a calm conversation regarding some unanswered stuff.

"So you've noticed."

"I have."

"Seeing how you noticed as one of the weaker gods, wouldn't all gods be able to notice it?" Aether asked.

They were talking about the huge amount of god powers flowing through the boy's body. He could feel it very clearly but he thought it was something only he was aware of.

It all started not too long ago. Only a few days ago. His entire body felt so powerful. It was difficult to explain but he felt as if he could touch a mountain and it would snap in half. For that reason alone he refused to train with his partner or even use his abilities in any kind of way.

"Any immortal would notice it right away. What have you done, traveler? You need to find a way to get rid of all that power. It's only about time gods start chasing you down."

"...By Gods, you must also mean yourself."

"...I-"

"It's okay, Nahida. I'm well aware of your duty as one of the main seven gods of Teyvat. You're supposed to get rid of any unusual entities from other worlds that may cause a threat." The boy tried staying positive despite being in a difficult situation. He could feel Nahida was unsure of how to react. Due to celestial laws, she should be trying to kill him the instant she felt those powers.

"I-...I can't do something like that to a friend. I know I should. But I'm not planning to. I just...Want to know how. In return, I'll make sure to mess with Irminsul a little to protect you. How does that sound?" The white-haired archon offered with a slight smile on her face.

She was the type to never want to hurt a friend. Especially not the traveler. He helped her through a lot in her journey of becoming a good archon to her people. The least she could do is spare his life. Even if it meant getting forced to retire as an archon by the Celestia. It was a sacrifice she was willing to make.

"There's isn't much to it. You already know most of the story of how Lumine left this world."

"But what does that have to do with all these new powers...?"

"...Back then while I was stuck between life and death I had enough time to grab the powers I left right outside of Teyvat. I thought I found them in the Irminsul files but I was wrong. Someone, probably my sister, left those there a long time ago for a future opportunity that never came." He explained while leaning against a wall behind him and crossing his arms.

All this was pretty new to the girl. She hadn't expected something like this. Powers outside of Teyvat were very dangerous. Especially those that were this powerful. Was she actually going to trust her dear friend with something so huge?

Never in Teyvat's history has anyone made contact with powers from the world beyond. Who knew what was about to happen?

"But...What will your past powers do to your body now? Back then you were just a star weren't you?" The dendro archon asked. She was starting to get scared.

The Spark [Xiao x Aether]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें