Friends from afar V

"Aether! And the Yaksha from Liyue!" A familiar voice called out from across the Sumeru streets. The white-haired archon quickly ran up to the two after spotting them.

The streets of Sumeru were pretty crowded that day so finding someone in the crowd wasn't an easy task. Nahida felt relieved for finding them so quickly.

"Glad to see you join us, conqueror of demons! We couldn't get to know each other that much the last time you visited."

"It's a pleasure to meet you again, lord of Dendro."

Aether rolled his eyes. The two had no reason to call each other these unnecessary titles. The two were already friends. Each Sumeru citizen thinks of everyone, even outlanders as friends. The boy thought such titles were unnecessary.

"We're all friends here, aren't we...?" He teased in a slightly annoyed tone, hoping it could help the two get a little more comfortable with each other. Buer was open to all kinds of friendships with different people but she sometimes had trouble understanding certain individuals. As for Xiao, his social skills were terrible with those unknown to him.

The girl chuckled. "You're right. It's a little awkward like this isn't it? Feel free to address me by my name."

"Some goes to you." The Yaksha nodded and agreed. He was starting to feel a bit more at ease with the archon.

"Well then! Let's go to the Zubayr Theater. Many people are excited to see you again traveler. I hope you don't mind that we threw a little get-together party."

The three started walking down to the theater buried deep within the tree of knowledge's roots. During the entire time, the blonde and the girl were catching up on life and things that have been happening. It was quite a long chit chat and the Adeptus couldn't find the right time to join in.

He was also panicking a little about this entire get-together thing. His lover had a ton of friends all over the world meaning there would be many people. If someone were to talk to him it would get awkward quickly. For some time he thought of some excuses to leave but soon after realized how stupid most of them would sound. He didn't travel all across Teyvat just to leave the second after coming.

With each step they got closer, the more anxious the boy felt. His heartbeat was even starting to speed up. He didn't understand how a simple crowd could make him feel this way. Not like they could threaten him.

As they got close to the door, the traveler excused himself and his partner for a couple of seconds. He said he had something important to discuss before entering. Nahida thought nothing of it and left them alone outside the theater.

Xiao already figured that the other noticed his panicked expression while they were walking. He tried keeping it together but failed miserably by looking at the ground. Aether knew that whenever the boy was looking at the ground something was up.

He grabbed the Adeptuses hands to reassure him.

"I'm sorry I didn't know Nahida was planning something like this...If you want we don't have to go."

"No, it's fine. It would be a shame to miss seeing all your friends."

The blonde sighed. He didn't want his partner to feel forced to come, but if that's what he wanted then he couldn't talk him out of it. At least it was nice he was making an effort to interact with crowds.

"Alright then. Promise me if anything bad happens you'll tell me."

"Of course." Xiao smiled.

Seeing his lover smile made Aether happy. He wasn't even trying to hide it this time.