The unusual illness |

"Hey, how about we actually jump? The water down there's pretty deep so I doubt we would get hurt in any way." Suggested the traveler as he looked down from the cliff he and his lover were sitting on.

"I don't want you accidentally breaking a bone." The other responded.

"Come on~ It's pretty hot here. We could use some refreshing water."

"Hot? It's the middle of winter."

"Huh?"

"Your body's pretty cold. Are you sure that you're hot? You could possibly be having a fever."

Aether was acting so weird. Xiao didn't notice him feeling sick in any way which made all this even stranger. The blonde also was confused about what was going on.

His body felt warm on the inside but in reality, he was freezing. His palms were slowly turning red but he was used to this so it wasn't too big of a bother. It could've been a side effect from Istaroth or Irminsul but it didn't sound like anything Nahida warned him of, and the goddess of time didn't say anything either about unusual feelings.

The traveler slightly pushed his lover away from his body to see if he was the cause. He took a couple of breaths and the feeling seemed to have gotten away a little. He could still feel it but it was gone. Was it somehow connected to the Yaksha?

Out of concern, the Adeptus reached his hand out to touch his partner's burning face to confirm he was hot, before they could make any physical contact, Aether flinched and almost fell off the cliff if it weren't for Xiao that pulled him back right before the fall. His heart skipped a couple of beats at that moment.

"Careful..." Muttered the Adeptus. He let go of the blonde's hand since he noticed how he flinched before.

"I'm sorry...I don't know what's going on with me."

"Am I making you... uncomfortable?"

"No! It's not that...Uhm, I think it's best we go back to Paimon. Maybe this sudden change of atmosphere is getting to me."

The other nodded and they both got up and started heading back to the teapot they left hidden in a bush. It was an awkward walk back since neither of them wanted to talk. They weren't even walking too close to each other like they usually did, the blonde made sure they kept their distance since the feeling kept getting worse and worse.

This was meant to be a date, yet Xiao felt as if this was his fault. Everything was okay until they started getting closer to each other. The karmic debt has been taken away from him a long time ago so it couldn't be that bothering the boy. He couldn't help but feel like he made him uncomfortable. He wanted to apologize but he knew that his boyfriend would just tell him not to.

Anything could be the problem. Irminsul, Xiao, Istaroth, or maybe even his powers that he recently got back. Everything should be going back to normal now so why is this suddenly showing up?

Right before they entered the realm, the traveler pulled his lover close by the arm. Of course, the Yaksha blushed in response since this was so unexpected. Before he could react, Aether kissed him. It wasn't anything like their kisses before, it felt longer and needier than usual. It took the Adeptus less than a second to notice this. He wrapped his arms around his lover as they kissed under the moonlight.

It took the blonde a while before he finally pulled away, he looked into the other's eyes with guilt and happiness at the same time. The feeling then stopped bugging him after that kiss. It felt as if it was making him do that throughout the entire night. He was so glad it was gone.

"Thank you for taking me here tonight. I'm sorry we couldn't stay a little longer."

Xiao smiled slightly. "Don't worry yourself over it. We can come back here again once you're feeling better."