34. like it used to be

𝐀𝐆𝐄 : 14

𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐃 𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐓 : 1 2 9 7

𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒 :

_________________________________

scarlett's pov
"Come on darling, you've been eating for the past half an hour. Stop trying to put off going to sleep" I joke cleaning down the table where Y/n wasn't sitting, she smirks and very slowly lifts her fork to her mouth and purposely chewing slowly.

"I'm being serious, i am so tired" I huff sitting down in the chair opposite her and leaning my head in my arms, Y/n sighs looking back down at her pasta and then decides to speed up and eat at a normal pace.

"Thank you" I sigh happily taking her empty bowl from her and let her drink the rest of her water whilst i stacked it in the dishwasher and wiped down the whole table now, Y/n sat dozing off into space with her glass held against her lips.

"Y/n, finish that off sweetheart" I say stroking the back of her hair and kissing the top of her head. She comes back and starts drinking again, i ponder behind her just messing with the back of her hair and wait for her.

"I'm done" She mumbles placing the glass on the table, i sigh as it's still half full and she barely drinks throughout the day and i needed to make sure that she was getting enough in her system.

"Y/n, drink a little more babe. Look there's still half of it left" I say leaning over her and picking up the glass, i slowly hold it to her lips and let her take small sips before she takes it off me and starts taking bigger sips.

A few minutes later the glass is empty and is in the dishwasher. I take Y/n's hand and lead her upstairs to her bedroom, i let her wander in while shutting the door behind me and sit on her head skimming my hand over her books and she changes into her pyjamas then goes to the bathroom to brush her teeth

"Can we watch the end of black widow, please it's only got a bit left. You know where Natasha just revealed herself to Dreykov" Y/n asks giving me her puppy eyes, i stare back at her with a raised eyebrow but her cute little face is setting me up to fail.

"Fine" I give in sighing and getting under her duvet, Y/n squeals and comes along top of me and situates herself on my lap facing the Tv, she reaches for the remote and opens up Disney plus.

"This isn't comfy" Y/n grumbles moving around on my lap as she tries to make herself comfortable, i sit up a little bit and move my right leg and she perfectly falls into my chest happily and brings her duvet up to her chest

"Better?" I ask wrapping my arm around her waist, she nods her head with a smile while her eyes are glued to the Tv. She melts into my body locking her hands with mine and tilting her head back to my chest making my smile, i rub the hair out of her face and rub my palm over her forehead and give her a sweet kiss on her head

As the movie rolls on, Y/n's eyes drop and her head starts falling back more. I've had to give her a little nudge to stop her flying off my body which kept making her jump back up.

"Finished, movie's over baby, sleepy time" I say causing Y/n to groan and push her head back into my chest, i giggle at her patting her stomach and watching her roll off me.

"Alright, get all snug" I tease pulling the duvet up to her chest, she rolls on her side so she's facing me and gives me a light and tired smile, i run my finger down the side of her face leaning down and kissing her forehead.

"Goodnight my love, you know where i am if you need me" I whisper ticking the loose strand of hair behind her ear, she nods her head confidently telling me that she knows what to do.

"Come to your room if anything's wrong" She says brightly, i give her a wink knowing that there is a seventy five percent chance that she crawls into my bed as she has done for the past week, like it used to be.

"That's right my love, i'll see you in the morning" I say bending down and giving her a kiss and a small hug when she wraps her arms around my neck.

"Night mama" She mumbles once letting go of my and laying back down, i blow her a kiss as i reach the door and shut it behind me. I take a deep breath walking through the hallway and straight to my room once i know all the lights and switches are off.

I climb into my bed tucking myself comfortably underneath my duvet. i reach out, turning on my lamp and grabbing my book as i don't feel tired enough to go to sleep right now and maybe reading can make me more sleepy.

As i continue to read more and more, i grow more awake, i'm not as tired as i was when i came in here and that isn't a good thing, i wanted to get a good nights sleep tonight but i'm starting to think that won't happen and i'm pulled out of my thoughts when my phone starts buzzing which instantly makes me pick it up.

My notification came through on snapchat as of course, it was my daughter. She's sent me four messages which went something like, 'can i come in your room' 'i don't want to be in mine alone' 'i know i came in last night and the night before but please' 'i'm coming through please don't be mad'.

Before i could start typing my response to Y/n, my bedroom door slowly creaks open and her cute little head poked round the corner of it. I smile lowering my phone back onto the table beside me and open the duvet next to me patting the mattress.

I can tell she's hesitant and doesn't know wether to come in or stay out there but she's slowly walking forward to my bed. She crawls under the duvet and shuffles her body over to me, it curls into my side and she rests her head on my shoulder looking ahead of her

"You're not mad?" Her voice asks, shakily and i am very aware that she was feeling a bit guilt for climbing into my bed again but if i'm honest it makes me happy every time
i see or feel her climbing in with me.

"I could never be mad at something like this angel" I say softly shifting down and turning on my side facing her, she smiles lightly looking down and letting her head drop forward onto my chest.

"m'kay mama" She whispers sliding one of her legs through mine and making herself comfy, i wrap my arm around her and gently run my fingers through her hair giving her forehead a soft kiss.

"I love you so much my sweet girl" I mumble onto her head, Y/n smiles against my chest wrapping one of her arms around my shoulder and sleepily kissing my cheek.

"Love you more" She mumbles tiredly, i chuckle at her also kissing her cheek. She smiles again rubbing her cheek against my chest. I thankful that my daughter still wants these little late night cuddles if anything and i'm happy that she feels happy as well, there is nothing i love more than seeing my girl happy.

_________________________________

Just another one inspired by scarlettsromanoffx 😯