39. little girl

𝐀𝐆𝐄 : 5

𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐃 𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐓 : 2 0 5 8

𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒 :

_________________________________

scarlett's pov:
Friday mornings feel nice, they feel nice because i know that i have the weekend to look forward to until a busy week again afterwards.

I always check my phone in the morning and i hate that i go that because i could be getting up straight away, but i have to check all my messages and calls if i have any.

It's nice just to sit in bed and browse about on my phone, but then i'm snapped back into reality when i realise that i actually need to get up and start my morning. I slip out of bed letting my feet touch the cold wooden floor and slowly walk over to the bathroom grabbing my toothbrush.

I also do my skincare whilst i'm in there, obviously using the outset which works like a charm, what can i say? After i've done my stuff in the bathroom, i make my way to my daughters bedroom.

Sometimes i get changed before but i'm really not sure on what to wear so i'm just going for it. I gently knock on her door, i know she won't be up due to the fact that it's like 6:40 in the morning but i do it every morning just incase.

As suspected, my daughter is still asleep. Cuddled into her duvet with her baby blanket tightly in her grip, she lays on her side with her back facing the door and i creep in slowly.

I walk over to her bed and softly sit on the mattress pulling the duvet down a bit as it was covering most of her body. I place my hand on her back where her pyjama shirt has risen up and gently rub circles.

"Wakey wakey baby" I sing quietly, as per usual, i don't get a response and just some more deep breaths my daughter likes to take while sleeping.

"Y/n, time to wake up sweet girl" I whisper patting her back, this causes her to move a bit and swing her leg off the bed, she moves her head so it's turned to me and opens one eye making me laugh. She groans turning her head back around and curling up into a ball.

"Come on, it's Friday!" I say trying to cheer her up but get a tired grunt in response, i smile to myself and reach over her body, holding under her armpits and lifting her onto my lap.

"There she is, there's my sweet little girl" I coo over the top and squish her little cheeks, she gives me a tired and dirty look rubbing her eyes and letting out a small yawn.

"Let's go brush those teeth" I laugh squishing her cheeks again and standing up with her on my hip. She rests her head on my shoulder as i carry her into her bathroom and sit her down on the counter.

"You're sleepy today, huh" I say spreading the toothpaste on her toothbrush and hand it over to her. She whines pushing it back to me and yawning again, i sigh raising an eyebrow. It's not often that i brush Y/n's teeth for her, she's five years old and is becoming more independent but i guess inside that little five year old body, is still a girl who needs her mommy to do things for her.

"Just this once" I tease knowing it would probably happen again next week, but oh well she's still a growing child. I hold her chin gently and brush through her teeth, there was about one or two times where she's almost slipped off the counter from almost falling back asleep but she's okay.

"All done" I say happily putting her toothbrush away, she moves onto her knees as i start rubbing the water from the tap, she knows what's about to come and takes a deep breath. I run my hand under the water gathering some up before rinsing off Y/n's face and giving her eyes a soft rinse getting all the sleep out of them.