44. it's a little hard

𝐀𝐆𝐄 : 14

𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐃 𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐓 : 1 8 0 5

𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒 : eating problems, bullying

_________________________________

Scarlett's pov:
I've noticed something, something massive. I'm Y/n's mother of course i know if something is wrong. It's something to do with herself and eating, she hasn't eaten with me in ages.

I check up on her regularly and she looks fine, beneath her baggy clothes i don't know. I'm not trying to be judgemental but i can see her weight dropping, she'll sometimes come up to me and give me a hug and when i hug her back it's like i'm hugging bones and nothing else.

I want to help my baby, but it's not going to work if she doesn't tell me. I don't want to bring it up because it don't want to cause an argument or want her to get to upset and i don't even know if there's anything wrong, maybe she just feels sick?

"Y/n honey, foods ready. I've got it all downstairs" I say knocking on her closed door, i heard an okay and make my way back downstairs, i laid plates and food out ready for me and my daughter to spend more time together.

"Hey sweetheart, you still tired" I smile sweetly placing two bottles of water on the table, she yawns a little bit nodding her head and giving me a small, and fake, smile back.

"Yeah, got up to early this morning" She shrugs taking a seat opposite me, i hum also sitting down and waiting for Y/n to pick up some food. She must sense me staring at her because she awkwardly looks up at me before moving forward and adding small amounts of food to her plate.

"So, how's school going" I ask trying to back out of this awkward silence that is following us around in the air. Y/n places her fork down and lifts her head up placing two hand on her chin.

"It's good, it's good. Uh me and my friends are having fun you know same old, i passed my chemistry test but still hate biology and physics, maths teachers still annoying" She says putting off her food and making conversation.

"That's good, well done. I'm proud of you darling, eat up, what's going on with your maths teacher i've been getting a few emails recently" I remind her to eat and wiggle my eyebrows a bit at the mention of maths. She sighs defeatedly and i can tell she knows what i'm talking about.

"I'm sorry" She mumbles slumping back in her chair and picking her fork back up toting around with her food. I sigh wiping my mouth with a napkin and placing my fork down on my plate.

"Y/n. Can you look at me please, eyes on your mom for a second" I chuckle, Y/n purses her lips and hesitantly looks up at me with worried eyes, she looks down straight away and slowly makes eye contact again.

"Look, i'm proud of you. For what your doing, i know you hate maths with a passion but if your trying which i believe you are then that's all that matters. If you tell me that your maths teacher is twisting stories then i'm going to take your side, if your going to tell me that all this is true then i'll listen to you and probably still be on your side baby, i just want you to know i'm here, for whatever you need to talk about"

"Okay, well nothing wrong he's just stupid" She mumbles swirling around some of her pasta with her fork emotionlessly. I sigh tucking my hair behind my ear and picking my fork back up.

"Why are you sighing" Y/n asks looking back at me, i want to roll my eyes with the attitude that was laced in her voice but i manage to restrain myself from doing that.

"I'm not, just a long day" I shrug taking a few bites out my dinner, Y/n's still being untouched. I stare at her a bit longer until she looks up at again and back down at her food.