Family Dinner

Your brother was the one who always obeyed the rule in the house. He is always treated as a special child. He is already engaged and didn't even complain about his plain fiancé. He spent his youth fulfilling your mother's obsession through a perfect environment. Since she can't control you. She got more strict with your brother. Somehow he managed to deal with all her crazy standards.

You should go back while he asks nicely.

You don't need to bring anything but, ugh your car was still in the 24 H mart.

I can't see The Man Next Door for days. WHY DID I CARE? I lived for a good twenty years without him. Geez. He just left a great great first impression.

You drove back to the main house. It's an hour's drive from your apartment.

I'll ask Hoseok to buy me a new Gucci collection . At least he has to pay me to bother driving this far.

"Hello, stranger." Your mom kissed your cheek. You pulled away and rolled your eyes, "What brings you back? You never run out of money. I'm sure about that." How she always manages to piss you off whenever you are around.

"Hoseok begged me to." Well, I'm not wrong and he really did that.

"Honey, your precious daughter is home." Your mom shouted.

"I'll just go there, mom." You ran up the stairs. Hoseok walked out from his room when you were about to open the parents room. He looked happy to see you.

"Hello, sister." He playfully kissed your head.

"Where is dad?" The most important part of this return is your dad. The one and only love of your life.

"In his room. We are about to head out for a meeting." He fixed his tie.

"You'll leave me here with mom?" You kicked his feet. Like he doesn't know how you feel about being alone with your mother!

"Mr. Lee just informed me of this schedule. You can come if you want to. I bet our investors would like to see your face once in a while." You bet they prefer you to stay out of the business, the further the better. You are not a really promising candidate for their next leader. They worried the company your great grandpa, grandpa and your dad built for half a century went out in a month.

"Y/n? "

"Dadd!" You ran and hugged your dad excitedly. You usually jumped to him but since you were getting bigger and he was getting older. You can't do it anymore.

"You look so pretty." He said lovingly, caressing your head.

"I missed you so bad." You were clinging to his arm.

"But still not enough to make you return home? The old man teased. How you live and spend your money is reported to him. As long as you don't do drugs and involve bad people he won't be in the way. You are born with everything just in the palm of your hands. Your dad loves you dearly.

"Let's have lunch together. Only two of us." You said to him.

"Can you at least pretend to invite me too?" Hoseok scoffed.

"I don't need you." He followed you and your dad from behind.

"We should have a family dinner. I'll book a restaurant. Hoseok, my dear. Could you give me Mr. Kim's personal contact?"

"I'll send it." Hoseok sat next to your mom. He is her precious.

"You will stay here for tonight right?" Your dad turned his head to get a better angle to see your face.

"Yes. Are you happy?"

"Yes, I was just thinking about you last night."

Your dad patted your leg.

"So will you come with us?" Hoseok asked you again.

"Ye-"

"No, she'll go shopping with me." Your mom cut you out. GREAT.

"Alright then. See you tonight." Your dad kissed your head. You really want to punch Hoseok in his face.

Mr. Lee nodded politely to you. He is the secretary. He took care of almost everything personal in this house. His son worked as Hoseok's right hand in the company.

"I'll drive you, Mrs."

You sit in the front seat. Mr Lee made you feel more comfortable than your mom would ever be. She is not that bad but you just dislike her. Maybe because you can see yourself in her. You got her pretty face. Again, the things to be grateful for.

"We only go to dinner. I don't need to dress up" Your mom keeps handing you dresses.

"Why don't you let me happily shop with my daughter?" She said with a sad tone.

She knew it would make you feel bad.

"This is not me." Put some dress back in its place. JUST PICK ONE AND LEFT, you shouted at yourself.

"You should stop wearing those ripped jeans." She pointed at your pants

"It's fashion, mom."

"You dressed like a hooker." Well, am I having a good time or what?

"Thanks, mom." You wanted to escape from this place.

"This will do." She showed you black dress. It's beautiful.

"I think it's too much for a dinner"

"We will take this one." She said to the clerk. You rolled your eyes. Your mom will always do the opposite of your agreement.

"Let's go to the salon now. What's with your hair? Is that a fashion too?"

GOD, JUST KILL ME.

"No.." it's just a messy bun...

Hair done, make up done, dress all wrapped. Good. Where is the circus? You checked yourself in the mirror. Ah, indeed sometimes you forget how amazing you look. 

"Are you done?" Hoseok's head popped out from the door.

"Yes."

Hobi walked towards you and offered his arm, "Ahh, she must be torturing you a lot."

"My back is still hurt."

"You look beautiful anyway. So don't complain. You owe her that face."

"That's a weird thing to say."

You two went with different cars. Hoseok drove you while your mom and dad were with Mr Lee in the other car.

The waiter greeted all of you and brought you to the table. There are extra chairs on the table.

"Are we waiting for someone?" You asked your mom? Isn't it supposed to be a family dinner?

"Yes, Mr. Kim and his family will join us." She answered. You. Don't. Like. How. It. Sounds.