chapter 13. bottle

I woke up and saw Aiden on top of Ruby with her head buried in her neck. It feels unfair how Aiden got so close to Ruby within a few days but she won't even call me mommy after I spend so many weeks taking care of her. I went and took a shower. When I returned Ruby and Emily and Jack were gone.

Aiden was still sleeping on the sofa. I went and picked her up to lay her in bed. She woke up and wriggled out of my arms. She rubbed her eyes and groaned. "What is wrong? Did you have an accident?" She groaned more and lay on the bed. I checked her diaper, she hadn't wet herself.

She started crying softly. I rubbed the back of her head and cooed "what is wrong baby?" She cried and hugged a pillow. "How would I know if you don't tell me," She sniffed as she spoke "-'u-unggie" "what?" I sat down and pulled her into my lap. "Shh, baby, Stop crying and tell me," She cried out louder.

I rubbed her back and kissed her head. "Shh, does your wound hurt?" She shook her head. "'ungie..." "You are hungry?" She started sobbing. I picked her up and carried her on my hip. I rocked her as I tried to silence her but she didn't stop. "Mommy is gonna go get baby a nice meal," I said and put her down but she started crying more and clenched onto me.

I picked her up again and rocked her as she cried softly into my neck. I took her down with me to the kitchen and asked the maids to get her breakfast ready. "Hey...what's wrong?" Ruby said and came into the kitchen. "She is hungry," Ruby chuckled and rubbed Aiden's head. "Feeling hungry?" Aiden's cries disappeared and she raised her head up and looked at Ruby.

"Aww, don't cry," Ruby said and wiped her tear. Aiden sniffed up. Ruby took Aiden from my arms and kissed her cheek. "Happy?" Aiden smiled and wrapped her arms around her. I was shocked, I had been trying to silence her for so long and Ruby did it within seconds.

"Food is ready madam," "Okay let's go," I said and tried to get Aiden back from her. Aiden cried and clenched onto her. I felt a gush of jealousy run over me. "Aiden, come on," I said and took her away from Ruby. Aiden whined and started crying softly. "Shh," I rubbed her back and rocked her.

I took her to our room and put her down. I took a spoonful of food and smiled. "Here, open your mouth," She cried harder. "Baby.." I frowned. "You are hungry?" She sniffed and nodded with a pout. I wiped the tear away and rubbed her cheek "then eat, sweetheart" she let out a sob and opened her mouth.

I fed her and pulled her into as she was carrying softly. "Why are you still crying baby, are you still hungry," She nodded. "Okay, baby I will get you something to eat," She cried "Noooo!" "Okay, okay, don't cry," Ruby knocked on the door. "Why is she still crying?"

"She woke up in her headspace and I think, she is feeling a little cranky," I explained. She hummed walked in and sat on the bed. "Aiden..." Aiden whined and snuggled into me further. "Put her back to sleep, maybe she will feel better," I hummed and picked her up on my hips. I paced around the room and rocked her, rubbing her back.

Her cries lowered and she was slowly drifting into sleep. Emily and Jack ran into the room, giggling and screaming. It woke Aiden back up and she started crying. "Jack! Emily!" Ruby said angrily. They both stopped behind me. "His fault," Emily said. "No her, she spill my milk," he said "he threw my bottle,"

Aiden clenched onto and sobbed. "Stop it, you both," I said to both of them. "Come with me, I will you both milk, baby is sleeping," Ruby said to them. "No, here," "no, honey, she is sleeping, you will make noise,"

"No noise, promise," Jack said. "No," Ruby said and took them out but they cried and ran back into the room. Their cries annoyed Aiden and she cried harder too. I rubbed her back and cooed. "Fine you both, stay here but no noise," Emily and Jack stopped crying and nodded happily.

"I will go get them milk," Ruby said and left. I made Jack and Emily sit in a corner and play with toys. Aiden was calmed down, she was sniffing softly and whining. I sat down with her still in my arms. I wrapped the comforters around her and said. "Are you feeling okay now," She shook her head and mumbled "tire," She cried out.

"Aww, a little nap then you will be all fresh and energetic," I kissed her head. Ruby came in with three nursing bottles in her hand. She gave the two to Jack and Emily and came to me. "This is for her, will help her fall asleep," I laughed, Aiden would never agree. "she would rather die,"

Ruby chuckled "No harm in trying," She is not wrong. I took the bottle from her and held it to Aiden's lips. Aiden opened up her lips and took the suckling head in. "See," Ruby said. I smiled and held the bottle for her. She drank half of the milk before falling asleep.

I laid her down on the bed and was trying to remove the bottle from her mouth but she had gritted it between her teeth so I let it be. Her lips were in the cutest pout. Gosh, How much I would pay for her to be okay with being a little.