Chapter 25. Trying

Eliza's pov

"Angel, Explain all this," Aiden's mother, Kristen said. " I said "When we were about to leave, I spotted her with Claire, I knew something was up, I asked Ruby to get you and followed them," Aiden looked at her mother and said "She was jealous! Mom, I was going to become the Alpha and leader of our gang because I found my mate before her so she wanted to kill me,"

"I wasn't going to kill her," Angel defended herself. Kristen shut her eyes and shook her head and said in disbelief "I can't believe it! you were willing to hurt your sister for some...stupid rank,"

"You will say that Mom, she is your favorite," Angel said angrily. "You were dad's favorite, I never said something about that!" Aiden spat and moved forward. Ruby held her back and said "Please don't,"

Ruby moved forward and said "Kristen this isn't two kids fighting over a toy, she tried to kill my girlfriend,"

"I know, Angel why did you do that?" "I wasn't trying to kill her, I only held her hostage," Angel rolled her eyes.

"It doesn't sound any better, Kristen," Ruby said through gritted teeth. "Kristen, if you can't then let me," I said.

She looked annoyed and said "This is our family matter, so please stay out of it," Before I could respond I saw Claire trying to get out. I called out for her.

She stopped and crossed her arms. "What now?" I rolled my eyes. Is she serious? I ran to her and choked her. "I let you live the last time, I won't repeat the same mistake,"

I knocked her down. "Let's go and deal with her there," Ruby said as she pulled Aiden with her. Aiden pulled her back and said "No, we are staying here," "No, we are not," I glared at her. She looked annoyed and sulked as she looked at Ruby and said "We are staying here, if you don't want to stay then go,"

I raised my eyebrow at Ruby. She looked at Aiden and then at me. "There is no harm in staying here for a while" I sighed "you both should be back in a week, I will leave with her," Kristen said  "She is not going anywhere, she tried to kill my daughter, I can't let her leave without teaching her a lesson, you are welcomed to stay till then,"

"Fine but they both leave with me after we deal with these two," I said. Kristen agreed right away. By Aiden expression, I can tell her she is not planning on leaving. Aiden and Ruby and another girl went out as Kristen talked with her daughter.

Claire was unconscious. I looked at the random girl who was there and asked "what is your name?"

"Harper,"

"Harper, can you keep an eye on her til I come back?" She nodded

I followed them out and Aiden locked their fingers and said "you have seen my room?" Ruby shook her head and smiled back at me and Aiden dragged her. I stood by the door as she jumped on the bed and said "you should move your stuff in my room since we are staying here, or no I would get them for you,"

"I didn't bring anything with me, cutie," Ruby pulled her cheek. She laid down and said "It's okay, we will buy you some new clothes," Aiden opened her arms and grinned. "Aww, Why are you acting so adorable?" Ruby pulled her into a hug.

Aiden saw me at the door and said "you can come in," She said and pulled Ruby on top of her as she lay down. Ruby switched their position and Aiden hid her face in her chest.

Ruby looked at her with love-filled eyes and patted her back softly. "You must be tired, hmm?" She asked. Aiden hummed.

I went and shut off the light. When I was trying to leave the room. Ruby said "You should stay, let's give them a little bit of space and privacy as Kristen tries to communicate with her daughter,"

I thought about it and then agreed. Aiden fell asleep. "I will leave you both alone and go to the guestroom instead," She smiled and said "No, it's fine, you can stay,"

I sat down on the couch and soon Ruby was also asleep. I watched Aiden sleep like a perfect little Angel, looking the most adorable she has ever been even tho she was covered in dirt and was slightly bruised. Suddenly, Aiden started whimpering in her sleep, slowly her whimpers got louder and she started shifting.

I hurriedly went to her and slowly picked her up, making sure to wake Ruby up. She hasn't slept peacefully in a while. Aiden was awake as she looked at me and then put her head on my shoulder. I rubbed her back and asked "what's wrong,"

"Nothing, I thought," She stopped. "Bad dream?" She stayed silent. Realizing she didn't want to share, I kept quiet and paced around. She was playing with my hair and out of nowhere she asked "Eliza, would Ruby find someone else for herself if I don't be a little?"

I furrowed and sat down. I pulled her up where she could face me. "why would you think that?" She looked down as she fiddled with her fingers. "Claire said...." I lifted her face and held her hand comfortingly. "No one would leave someone so cute as you," "You are the one to say," She looked into my eyes.

I knew what she meant, I don't understand why would she say that when she was the one who wanted to be with Ruby. "I didn't, I had to," I said. She scoffed and said "Leave that, Can you tell me how I should be a little?" I laughed softly. "It happens naturally, sweetheart,"

"if you can't then say it," She yawned. "We will talk about this later, you should go to sleep and take some rest," She put her head on my shoulder without any arguments and fell asleep. I rested my back and it wasn't long before I was also asleep.

I felt Aiden being pulled away from me. I gripped her and woke up and saw Ruby. I loosened my grip and let her carry Aiden to the bed. "How did she get there?" "She was stressed about you leaving her," She looked at me in shock. "It was just Claire's manipulation don't worry,"

"What do you mean?" "She thought you were going to leave her because she is never in her headspace because of something, claire said to her, she was asking for tips to slip," Ruby chuckled and said "I mean, either way, atleast she accepted her little space,"

"She didn't accept, she only agreed to....slip?" I asked not sure about it. Aiden woke up and stretched. I and Ruby went to her and she kissed her forehead. "Come on let's get you cleaned," She shook her head and pointed to Ruby to lay with her. She grabbed my hand to catch my attention and pointed to the other side.

I ruffled her hair and shook my head. She shook her head stubbornly and pulled me down. I sat on the bed and said "why do you want me to lay down?" She mewled in response and pulled me further. I gave in and lay down. "What now?" I asked.

She curled in. "Sleep, you both talk too much," I smiled to myself and Ruby said "And what about your chit-chat with Eliza, missy?" She ticked her slightly. She whined and said "just sleep!" I and Ruby both stared at the sealing and Aiden was sleeping in between us.

Ruby changed her view by turning around to watch Aiden. "I don't want ever lose her again," She whispered. I mumbled slowly "Me too..."