Chapter 31. Superiority

Aiden's pov

As soon as I got over the sleepiness, I was in the car with Mom, Ruby, and Eliza. We were heading to the base to deal with something, I didn't want to, it is so bothersome that I will have to go there every day, and to make it worse I will have to work. I raised from my seat and groaned into my mother's ear. "Why should I be bothered? Are the others not capable enough?"

"You will have to go there baby, you're their leader, you will have to guide them," Mom said as Eliza pushed me back into the seat. I frowned at Eliza but she only shook her head. I puffed and threw my head back.

"It's a mafia gang, there isn't any work you'll have to do except when there is some killing to do or disturbance caused," My Mom informed me. "I will still have to wake up early!" I complained.

"You won't, it is just for today," Mom said. I sighed "That's a lot better,"

"Why just today?" Eliza asked as Ruby wrapped her arm around my shoulder. I leaned in and put my head on her shoulder and looked out of the window. "Are you hungry" I shook my head.

She rubbed my arm and whispered so she does not disturb Eliza and Mom's conversation. "I'll get you ice cream on our way back," I scrunched. "I hate ice creams,"

She chuckled and her eyes widened as she tilted her head to face me. "No one hates ice creams," Ruby said. "I do, I hate them,"

"Then I will get you whatever you want," I nodded. Soon, we stepped near the base of our operation. I have never been here so I don't actually know how this place looks from the inside. It looks like a very large accommodation from the outside.

We entered the building and my mother said "Don't do something that would embarrass me or you," before she went off. I was standing with Ruby and Eliza. When a group of people came near us. Eliza got in front of me and crossed her arms on her chest while Ruby intertwined our fingers and whispered. "We won't let them hurt you....in any way,"

No, whoever tries to mess up with the alpha, will have to get punished, and a little bit of fighting won't hurts us, would it? A smirk formed on my lips. Of course, it wouldn't. I was adjusting myself to beat the crap out of them when they suddenly kneeled.

"Welcome, Boss," They said together. "We will support you in whatever decision you make, you are our Alpha, and following you is our foremost duty," One of them said. Well, that went well, pretty well.

I was having this boosting feeling in my chest. I went and stood in front of them to say something cool. But couldn't figure out what to say so I just said. "That's the spirit,"

They stood at once. "Aww, don't stand so soon, I was just starting to enjoy the superior‐" Ruby put a hand over my mouth as eyes gave me those stern eyes. "She didn't mean that," Eliza said.

"We will get going, we just wanted to let you know that we are with you enough if the majority ain't," The man said and left the group. I couldn't help the grin. We will slowly pledge everyone's alliance and rule over them. Hell, yeah.

A man came by and said "Hello, Boss, It's nice to finally have you already," I nodded and waited for him to kneel. Why isn't he kneeling? Maybe he forgot. Let me remind him. "Aren't you going to kneel,"

He looked confused for a while before starting kneeling "Huh? You want me to" Ruby stopped her mid-way. "Ignore her, thank you," She said to him. I felt a smack over my head. I turned around to see Eliza and pouted. "We don't ask people to kneel like that,"

I threw my head back. But we like it. It had been a while and we were sitting on a couch. I was resting my head on Ruby's chest when a woman stopped by. She had a stuffed bear in her hand.

"Welcome to the gang Aiden," She bent down and placed her hand on my thighs, and put the stuffed bear forward. "F-For me?" I straightened up. I looked at the thing. They would look at me like a baby instead of their boss if I took it....but it looks so soft and nice to hold.

No, they won't take us seriously if we acted like a baby, it would be mean to reject a gift from your pack member. Good point. I took the stuffed bear from her hand. "I knew, you would like it," She put her hand on my cheek and began cherishing it.

Eliza gripped her hand and pushed it away. Ruby smiled which looked a little forceful. "We appreciate the gift, you should leave," The lady waved at me and left. I was waving back when Ruby pulled my hand down.

I looked at her and saw her roll her eyes annoyedly.

What's with these two? My wolf asked Maybe, they want a stuffed bear too. Give it to them then, you don't wantNo, it's mine! I growled. I decided to make it clear to Ruby and Eliza before they asked for the toy. "If you guys want a stuffed toy, you should buy it for yourselves, I am not giving mine to anyone,"

"Did you not see it or choose to ignore it?" Eliza asked. "What did I not see?" I asked her. "Give Mr this," Ruby said. I strengthened my grip on it. "I made it clear, I ain't giving this to anybody,"

"Can you throw this one? we will buy you, thousands like this," Eliza said it was not a request but a command. Throw it Aiden, we'll get thousands of soft bears like this. My wolf suggested. You are an idiot. They want me to throw it so they can take it when I am not looking.

I shook my head. "No, I am fine with only one," They both shared some glances and Ruby said "Okay, you can keep it till we get you a new one,"

"I don't want a new one, you can buy it for yourselves instead of trying to steal mine," I growled. Eliza sighed and said "We don't want your toy Aiden, that lady over there was so trying to hit on you,"

I scoffed "Liar," Ruby said "How about we get you a new one and burn this, none of us would be able to steal this," Our mate is so smart. I nodded my head and extended my arm. "Deal,"