Chapter 26. Alpha

Ruby's pov

I touched Aiden's nose with mine and whispered. "Bathe time," She smiled and shook her head still asleep. "Wan' sleep," She mumbled. I rubbed her cheek. "Aww, I wouldn't have woken you up if Kristen hadn't called up," She opened her eyes and rubbed them. "Mom?" I hummed. "Why?" "I don't know,"

"'ater," She mumbled and slept again. I tried to wake her again but she would whine and go back to sleep each time. Eliza came into the room and furrowed and looked at her and then at the time. "Why isn't she ready yet?" "I was about to take her for the bath,"

"Now? There are people downstairs waiting for her for half an hour and you haven't even waken her," "I tried, but she won't wake up" She pulled Aiden's comforters and said "Come on, Aiden, be a good girl," Aiden whimpered and curled into me. I hugged her back "it is bad to keep people waiting, honey,"

She looked up at me with pouty lips and said "No like, wan' sleep" She cuddled back into me. I looked at Eliza and said "D-did..Has she slipped?" She smiled at Aiden and nodded. "Yes but she will have to get out of the headspace," I frowned This is the first time she has slipped with me and I won't be able to live the moment.

Eliza pulled Aiden to sit and bent down and said "Baby, you will have to become big again," "m Big," She stood up. "thee," I smiled and went in front of her and said, "Such a big baby, aren't you?" Just then, Kristen came in and saw Aiden."Why is she not dressed yet?"

"Umm, she slipped into her headspace and we are trying to convince her to become big again," Eliza said. Kristen chuckled and said "It's absolutely fine, c'mere, honey," She put her hand in front of Aiden. Aiden rushed to her and grabbed it. She was taking her out. "I should atleast give her a bath,"

"It doesn't matter, she can have a bath later," Kristen rubbed her back. They went out and I and Eliza followed them down the stairs. There was a huge crowd collected and Claire and Angel were standing on the side as they were tied. When we reached down everybody's eyes were on Aiden.

She hid behind her mom and nuzzled into her back. Her mother pulled her forward and cleared her throat. "Ladies and gentlemen!" I and Eliza stood by Aiden and she looked at me and put her hands up. I grabbed her hands and kissed them before picking her up and setting her on my hips. She babbled and played with my hair.

"I have an announcement to make, my daughter, Aiden has found her mate," Everyone looks at each other in confusion and one of them said "What do we have to do with that? She is not part of our pack anymore,"

Kristen ignored the comment and said "As the child of Alpha, she has gained the status of Alpha of the Lightmoon pack," It was like chaos undertook and everyone started yelling and complaining."We are not going to let a little become our Alpha" Aiden flinched and nuzzled into my neck and whimpered. Eliza put her hand on Aiden's ear "SILENCE!" Eliza yelled.

Everyone stopped and stared at her. "She has found her mate so she is rightfully the alpha," "She is a pup!" Another one said. "She is still young and hasn't reached the age where wolves transform," Kristen said.

"We-" "no useless arguments, there has been no rule that a little one can't become an Alpha," Kristen said. "You are free to argue if you know any rule that says otherwise," Everyone remained silent. Kristen came to Aiden and lifted her head.

"Baby, can please stand?" I asked. Aiden shook and put her head back on my shoulder. "Just for a little while?" Kristen said. Aiden didn't respond and I could feel her starting to suck on my neck. Eliza grabbed her by the waist and pulled her down to her feet.

She stomped her feet and tried to get back into my arms but Eliza held her down and said to her "Wait," Aiden sulked in and Kristen took her to the front. She held her hand up and said "I now announce, Aiden Lightmoon as the Alpha of the Lightmoon pack,"

Everyone stared at them blankly before someone clapped. All the attention moved to the direction and it was Angel who clapped. "Congratulations, lil sis," She smiled half-heartedly. Aiden sulked and hugged her Mother. "She is the alpha now, whether you like it or not,"

I grabbed her hand. "I will take her now," I said to Kristen and left upstairs with Aiden. I laid her on the bed and said "Now, it's time for a nice little bath" She hid inside the comforters and mumbled "nu, s'eep"

I chuckled and slid my hand inside and rubbed her back. "Even now you want more sleep?" She pouted and I pulled her up. "Take a nice bath then you can sleep as much as you want" I kissed her as I undid her buttons.

"Okie" She bounced up and down on the bed. "Uh-huh, sit still," She grinned and bounced more. I glared at her playfully and she stopped bouncing and smiled at me. I stripped her and carried her to the bathtub.

I turned on the water and put her in. As I was picking shampoo and soap for her, she splashed the water at me. I gasped and put my hands forward. "No, baby, bad" She stopped and looked at me with her adorable puppy eyes "Me baby?"

I puckered my lips "yes, you baby" "baby bad?....Me bad?" She frowned. I chuckled "No, not you, I meant splashing water is bad," She shook her head and her eyes filled with tears. "Me bad..." "Aww, no, shh, sweetheart" I hugged her.

She pushed me away and growled "'ou bad!" I smiled at her "so mean...time to get you cleaned," I mixed soap into water. She rested her head as she kept staring at me. "What?" "In pwease" Before I could utter a word she whined "pweaseeeee!"

I took the shampoo to wash her hair but she pushed her head away. "wit 'ou" "We both won't be able to fit, pup," She stomped in the tub and said "nu bath" "geez" I sighed and stripped out of my clothes and got into the tub. She laid between my legs with her head on my chest and kept staring at my nipples as I cleaned her hair.

I could feel her try to get as close as possible. After we were done, I brought a robe for both. I picked her up and took her into her room where I saw Eliza. "Did you want anything?" "Not really, I was here to talk to Aiden,"

"I would get her clothed first," She looked at Aiden on my hips and said "Would you mind, if I..." I licked my lips nervously and handed Aiden to her.

Eliza smiled and inhaled softly as she hugged her. "You should go get dressed," "Y-yeah" I hesitantly walked out. It feels so wrong leaving Aiden with Eliza.