Chapter 47. The Truth

"You're back," I smiled at her and pulled her into my arms. "Missed me?" She asked after I kissed her.

"You were barely gone for a few hours,"

"Few?! I was gone for the whole day," She complained. She peeked at Eliza who was sitting on the couch, reading some book, and asked "Eliza you missed me, right?"

"Hmm," Eliza responded her gaze not lifting from the book. "See, You should've missed me too, you're my mate after all,"

I let out a chuckle while she slipped out of my embrace. "Have you eaten?"

"Yeah," She replied and made her way upstairs to her room. "But can you still bring a bottle for me?" She requested mid-way through the stairs.

I stood flabbergasted and turned my head towards Eliza who was staring at Aiden with her lips parted in shock. "Like bab-nursing bottle...with like milk in it?"

"Uh-huh," She said loudly as she disappeared into her room.

"Yeah, yeah, I'll bring it in!" I shouted so she could hear. My jaw fell in shock as I looked back at Eliza. "What just happened?"

Eliza was equally if not more shocked by this. "I wish I knew."

I rubbed my hands over my face. "I'll heat a bottle for her before she changes her mind,"

"No, wait," Eliza closes and sets the book aside. "I'm leaking, I'll ask if she wants to breastfeed instead," Eliza spoke.

I looked at her uncertainly and asked. "Do you think she would agree?" She cut me off. "She did." A gasp left my mouth as I squinted my eyes. "What? When? And How?"

"A few nights ago," She replied.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

She shrugged. "I thought Aiden would," I rolled my eyes. "She'd rather die."

"I'll go and ask." She smiled and went upstairs while I followed her. Aiden was laying on the bed with her hands hanging up in the air. "Aiden, get your shoes off before getting in bed."

She groaned and slid her body downwards so her legs her hanging out of the bed."Better?" She cocked her eyebrow.

"No, but it'll be when you take it off," I playfully kicked her leg. She tried to kick me back but I caught her leg and pulled her shoes off and threw it to the corner before grabbing the other and doing the same.

"I asked...You didn't bring a bottle for me...
It's okay, I'll...it's not a need," She said with unsurety and sheepishness in her voice.

With no said words, Eliza hopped onto the bed, cautiously pulling her into her lap. "I was wondering if you'd like to breastfeed instead," Aiden nodded immediately, without any hesitation in her eyes.

Eliza slowly unclasped her bra and pulled up her top. Aiden buried her face into her chest and hummed. Without any second thought took the nipple in her mouth and started sucking. She started gently but quickly latched onto a rougher pace.

Eliza hissed and scratched her scalp, whispering "Slowly, pumpkin,"

She slowly began to glide her fingers through her hair. Feeling deeply soothed, Aiden calmed down and went back to her gentler pace. Within minutes, Aiden had drifted off to a deep, peaceful sleep.

I fetched Aiden from her lap and tucked her in while she arranged her clothes. I smiled ear to ear and kissed her forehead. "I've had lactation pills stored for long, I can't wait to start taking them," I nuzzled her nose with mine.

The next morning, I woke up and first tidied up the room and arranged all of Aiden's clothes, shoes, and toys that were scattered around. I laid out her clothes and shoes and other accessories for Kristen's ease.

I head out of the room and caught up with Eliza in the living room and we left for our training. We'd have been done with it by now but we got busy and were unable to attend so here we are.

We've learned a lot about pups, and their behaviors like how they tend to be quite clingy and how they love being rewarded for achievements and jumping, howling, chasing, balls, and are hyperactive.

Soon the trainer came along and dived right into explaining. He suggested that we keep a fixed playtime for her, get her chew toys and balls, and keep a close eye on her when she's in the headspace because she would be hyperactive and could end up being hurt. 

The lecture ended earlier than usual and we were ready to leave when he spoke. "So," He clasped his hand together.

"I think you guys are prepared to deal with your regressor but I want you guys to bring her here with you tomorrow and we'll see how well you can do before I decide,"

"Can't promise if tomorrow is possible, we'd see when she's free and inform you," He agreed and we left.

As we stepped into the house, my eye caught Angel pacing around in anger with Harper sitting around on the couch staring at her. Harper saw us and slowly made her way to us. "I need to tell you something," She whispered.

I put my hand on her shoulder. "What?" I asked softly. "Angel told Aiden that Claire is dead,"

I bit my lip in frustration. I knew she'd eventually get to know but I was hoping we could hide it for as long as possible. "Where's she now?" Eliza asked.

"She was very angry, Kristen took her to her room," It was clear as crystal that she'd be fuming with anger, hopefully, Kristen would have calmed her down.

We matched towards Kristen's room. "Don't worry, I'll handle her," Eliza spoke as we opened the door and saw Aiden laying with her head buried in Kristen's lap, soft sobs leaving her lips. "Can I come in?"

"No!" She spat through her sobs