Chapter 15

"Padmini was his choice and my son said yes for her too she never did anything correct in her life except adopting Shlok and raised him like her own child only this thing stopped me from killing her, waise bhi inki choice kha achi hoti hai" Vaishali said and twitched her lips.

"Haa haa tumhare waqt bhi dhokha hi kha gya" Vikram replied and Vaishali glared at him but soon they all laughed.

(yes yes even at your time I got cheated)

Vaishali moved to her closet and took out a very small red box "Shreya here your muh dikhai"  Sherya took it with happiness and opened it with a beautiful smile while Padmini caressed her hair and smiled seeing her.

As Sherya opened the box she saw a beautiful pendant of Radhakrishnan her smile grew wider she took out the pendant and kissed her with that she bowed her head and her smile was not leaving her face.

"Thank you so much Dadi saa" Sherya touched her feet and then went to Vikram to touch his feet.

They both were happy to see her in this house after that they all chit chatted for 5 minutes then Sherya went to change as she was feeling suffocated.

"Why did you give her this small pendant??" Vikram asked coldly without any expressions.

"I like her, that doesn't mean that I won't test her. This exam was important Vikram even she will go through so many more critical situations, afterall she doesn't belong from any royal or wealthy family, remember??" Vaishali raised her eyebrows and Vikram shook his head with a sigh.

Sherya was going to her room with a smile.

'Thank god that Dada saa and Dadi saa are good and they don't behave like sasu Maa and sasur ji.'

"Sherya wait" As Padmini's voice fell in Sherya's ear she turned and see her who was standing near the garden's glass door.

"Jii??" Sherya asked her and still stood some distance away.

I don't why but this woman scares me as hell. Like son, like mother and father.

"What did Maa saa give you in muh dikhai??" Padmini asked with folded her hands.

Sherya showed her the pendant and Padmini chucked.

"I knew it, don't be so happy she was testing you if you're some gold digger or not?? And congratulations you passed that test but I didn't expect this small pendant. At Least she gave me a gold chain in muh dikhai" Padmini scoffed.

"I don't know about any test but Atleast she gave me something in my muh dikhai unlike you" Sherya replied to her and saw a servant who was behind Padmini with a tray of tea. She turned and picked the cup from the tray.

Sherya saw his gazes were in the balcony and she followed his gaze and saw a man with a gun pointing at Padmini . Her eyes went wide. The servant blinked the shooter and he shot but before that Sherya pulled Padmini in her direction.

"Maa saa….." Sherya shouted.

Just because of the sudden jerk, Padmini held the servant's coat from right hand and the cup of tea which was in her left hand fell on Sherya but by luck the bullet pierced the servant's body.

Sherya and Padmini saw him taking his last breath that was not new for Padmini but Sherya's body shaken badly but Padmini held her tightly and caressed her back. 

Vaishali and Vikram who was coming out from their room saw everything Sherya's hand burned very badly.

"Ratan….Ratan" Vikram yelled his voice was enough to scare anyone this single voice made Sherya flinch who was already shaking seeing the fresh blood and a dead body in front of her.