Chapter 24

Upon receiving that message, Ye Shaoyang felt a bit surprised.

In his past life, he'd known many streamers. He knew that streamers always had rather delicate relationships with the big spenders in their streams, especially net-famous celebrity hosts whose streams fell under the entertainment category. It was difficult to even count up how many of those streamers were ‘kept' by their big tippers. Things were a bit better in gaming circles; most of the big spenders in the rooms of gaming hosts sent gifts because they liked the way the streamer played, or at most because they wanted to queue with the streamer.

And when these bosses sent so many gifts, it was nothing out of the ordinary for them to ask for a private meeting.

This boss in Ye Shaoyang's room didn't directly say ‘I want to take you to dinner' or ‘I want to meet with you alone.' Instead, the boss had chosen the public venue of the ‘playoffs stadium' for a meeting spot. Ye Shaoyang liked watching games anyway, and the stadium was sure to be packed to the gills with people. Even if he met up with the boss, things weren't likely to be awkward.

When compared to a private meeting, this sort of meeting place possessed a stronger sense of propriety.

With that thought in mind, Ye Shaoyang replied: [Boss, I'll see you on the weekend for the playoffs!]

He didn't feel all that stressed out about meeting the boss. He only showed a cat in his streaming room, after all. No one knew what he looked like, and no one knew what his secondary sex was.

So, he could completely rule out the possibility that this boss wanted to adopt him as a sugar baby.

His rich boss clearly only sent so many gifts because he liked Ye Shaoyang's style of play.

Ye Shaoyang had received so many gifts already. According to the etiquette in the streaming world, he should probably add the other party to his WeChat friends list, right?

Ye Shaoyang sent another message: [Boss, is it okay to add you on WeChat?]

At almost the exact same moment, the boss also sent a message—

Jungler No. 8: [Can I add you on WeChat?]

Ye Shaoyang was silent for a moment.

Then he sent his own WeChat info to the boss, after which he swiftly received a friend request.

Upon accepting the request, he saw that the boss's avatar was of the Bloodstained Assassin from the game. His name was a string of English letters and numbers, and his Moments was completely blank. At the top, a notification stated that only the past six months of activity would be visible to friends.

It seemed this boss was someone who liked to lay low on social media. He hadn't posted a Moments in over six months.

Ye Shaoyang's own Moments page was also blank.

He changed the other party's nickname to ‘Jungler Boss', then sent a message: [Hello, boss. ShakeHands.jpg]

Jungler Boss: [Xiao Bai, I'll be pretty busy these next few days, so I won't queue with you for a while.]

Jungler Boss: [In the future, when we have time, I'll double queue with you again.]

Ye Shaoyang: [Sounds good. Boss, if you need to rank up, just contact me anytime.]

Jungler Boss: [Mm. There'll be a big crowd at the playoffs. When the day comes, get there early and use the VIP walkway to enter the stadium.]

Ye Shaoyang: [Understood. Thank you, boss!]

As expected, besides the game, they pretty much had nothing to talk about?

Ye Shaoyang closed the WeChat messaging app and opened up his streaming room again.