Chapter 96

Over the weekend after Group B games concluded, Groups A and S finished their first round games as well.

Ye Shaoyang returned to Tianhuan's base with his teammates. Everyone spent those two days watching games in a meeting room, until ten on a weekend night-when the official league finally released the team and personal rankings of the first round of the regular season.

Team Beimu was ranked first in Group S. The siblings Zhao Xinping and Zhao Xin'an were working very well with their new mid laner. Beimu, without any weaknesses on any of their three lanes, was a force to be reckoned with this season.

The point difference between the second, third, and fourth teams in Group S wasn't very large-these teams were Jingzhe, Binghun, and Huowen.

Jingzhe's double carry comps were still very difficult to tear down. Fang Zhengqing and Xie Yuan had been working together since their training camp days. They'd played four seasons in the pro league together, and their brainwaves were perfectly in sync. It wasn't like the situation with Fang Zhengqing and Chi Shuo at all.

Team Binghun was still as strong as they were last season. They could steadily hold their position through their strength in team fights alone. As for Huowen, their mid laner was outstanding, and their jungler, marksman, top laner, and support didn't have any glaring shortcomings either. Their team comps were very well-rounded.

The top four Group S teams would remain in Group S for the second round of the regular season, while the Group S teams ranked in fifth and sixth would be demoted to Group A.

Yueying and Luoshendian were the teams to be demoted.

Team Yueying had Xu Zhuo, a very capable anti-pressure top laner, and the newly transferred Xie Weiyu. Coach Lin wasn't too surprised to see this team demoted. He reasoned, "It could be that the players haven't gotten used to one another yet, after their lineup changes. Perhaps Xu Zhuo in the top lane and Xie Weiyu in the bottom lane is a combo that isn't working too well?"

There was a significant distance between the top and bottom lanes, after all. Even if one player wanted to assist the other, they wouldn't be able to make it across the map so swiftly.

Chi Shuo furrowed his brow and said, "Yaoguang has been promoted from Group A. People will definitely insult Xie Weiyu for this."

Yaoguang's promotion to Group S was very predictable.

Because Yaoyuang had been the runner-ups in S8, and they'd reached the Top Four in S9. They'd only changed their marksman, and their new marksman was actually pretty good.

It was true that Yaoguang's boss was messing around with all sorts of entertainment industry tricks that left other diligent esports players a bit speechless. However, it had to be said that the new god they were trying to raise up was genuinely skilled.

In terms of personal rankings, Ye Shaoyang topped the MVP of the Season chart with nine MVP titles to date. Yaoguang's new marksman Yu'mao was in second place, with eight titles. And Yaoguang had played their first round in Group A; rationally speaking, the games in Group A would have been more difficult.

Yaoguang had taken five consecutive wins in Group A. They advanced to Group S as the number one team of Group A.

On the contrary, Team Yueying-the team Xie Weiyu had transferred to-had fallen to Group A as the fifth-ranked team in Group S.