Re-do

Rose's POV

I spent the night in and out of consciousness. The pain was absolutely unbearable. At this point I didn't care about anything. I was ready to die.

Colten's POV

You can't necessarily walk around asking people if they're virgins and willing to help you. Life just doesn't work that way. For now we're pacing the hotel room, hoping that the others will reappear soon. Shit's been feeling really weird though. I'm worried.

Brent's POV

I closed my eyes and when I reopened them I was home laying in bed. Was this all a dream?

"Brent!" I hear Rose calling me from the other room. I grinned and hopped up. I ran out and found her dressed in lingerie.

"I missed you," she whispered huskily. I cupped her face and enveloped her in passionate kiss. I inhaled her familiar strawberry shampoo and grabbed her perfect ass.

"Wahh!" I hear coming from another room.

I nearly fell over at the sound.

"Oh no! I tried to plan frisky time but they're always crying," she chuckled before padding off to the kids' rooms. She picked up Jarren and handed to him before picking up Maddie. Maddie continued to fuss though, no matter how much she tried to soothe her. Rose sighed and passed her to me, taking Jarren. "No matter what, she's a daddy's girl." She looked at our baby affectionately.

"Where are the other guys?" I asked her.

"What other guys?" She asked with a confused face.

"Um, your mates?" I asked her.

"You're my only mate. Brent what's going on, are you feeling okay?" She asked me.

Am I feeling okay? This is what I've always secretly wanted, to be her only one. But this doesn't feel real. There's no way that this is real.

I gave Maddie a kiss and placed her back in her crib before doing the same with Jarren. I grabbed Rose and pressed my lips to hers before I let go and sighed.

"Brent, what's wrong?" She asked again.

"You're not real." I told her.

"Excuse me? Does this feel fake?" She grabbed one of my hands and placed it on one of her breasts.

"Okay Gabriel! Very funny! Ha ha!" I yelled out into the room.

The babies started crying again and Rose ran a hand through her hair. "What's going on with you?! You've been weird since you woke up!" She accused. I walked out of the room and tried to figure out what I was supposed to do. Is this a trial? I thought of the last trial and how cruel he was..no. He wouldn't make me do that. I looked at one of the knives on the butcher's block in the kitchen before biting my lip. He would totally make me do that. No doubt. But am I willing to risk it all if this isn't an illusion?

I picked up the blade and made my way to the bedroom where I last saw Rose.

"I love you,"I whispered.

She turned around at first with a smile in her eyes before it turned to fear when she saw the knife.

"Don't do it, Brent! We can be happy! I'm all yours! It's what you wanted, right?" She pleaded.

At this point I was certain that this was an illusion crafted by Gabriel. I plunged the knife into her chest and she evaporated into white wisps of smoke.

*clap, clap, clap*

"Well done. A bit dramatic, but you showed me your true colors. You were willing to give up everything for this wish. So tell me, Brent, what could possibly be so important, you would sacrifice your own happiness?" Gabriel asked curiously.