Chapter 6

I opened my eyes to the sunlight coming from the window

I opened my eyes to the sunlight coming from the window. I checked the time on my clock that is around 11 am. I checked my phone and had a text from Jane saying to take care and call her when I get up but it that was for later. First I got in the washroom to freshen up and went to my room to see the guy still sleeping.

So, I decided to make my brunch and something light for guy to eat if he wakes up

So, I decided to make my brunch and something light for guy to eat if he wakes up. I set my food on the table in the living room and turned on the tv to watch something. It was five after one when I heard some groans and immediately when to room and saw the guy was trying to get up. "Hey, careful there!" I went towards him and helped him sit a little bit. I could see the confusion on his face as bright as the day outside.

"Hi.. umm ... I'm Hazel. I don't know how much you remember but last night I saw you lying by the road near this town. You were badly injured so I took you here with me. How are you feeling?" I asked him but he just kept on looking at me like I had something on my face. When I didn't got any reply from him I sighed, and again said "Look I don't know what happened to you or how you got in this situation but if you like to call or text your family or friend....... ummm..... I can help I guess" the last thing came as in question.

He still didn't say anything and kept looking at me. If he didn't say anything in next to minutes I'll assume either he doesn't understand English or he is deaf. We both kept staring at each other for few more seconds and then sighed and closed his eyes. I also went in the kitchen and got his food heated and took some pain medications with water and set everything on tray. When I entered in the room he was looking at the ceiling, I placed everything on the bedside table and took the soup bowl to feed him.

As I took the spoon towards him he said something that took me moment to realize that this idiot was implying something on me. " How can I be sure that this is not to kill me" I raised my eyebrow and took the bite of the soup. " If I really wanted to kill you I didn't need a bloody soup to do that and most importantly I wouldn't have struggled that much to transfer you in my car and from car to my place. Also what makes you think that I want to kill you?" He didn't said anything and kept staring at me.
"Well, if you are done with your stupid questions would you still like to drink your soup or not?" He just smirked a little and nodded his head.

He drank his soup and took his medicines with water and lay down again. " Ummm... do you want to call your family?" Later, he replied and with that he again closed his eyes. I went into the kitchen and washed the dishes and then continued my tv show.

After 3 hours I felt the need to check on him so I went inside my room and saw him awake. " Can you help me to restroom?" He said and I immediately helped him with that. When he came out of the washroom he asked " who changed me in this damn Barbie shirt?" I didn't realized in earlier but now when I see it is a sight to watch. I was hardly able to suppress my laugh. He huffed. " I don't want to stay in that room "
Okay, how about in the living room you can watch something too I know you'll be bored staying in the room alone.

So, with that decided I took him in living room settled him on the sofa. I tuck him in the blanket properly and sat besides him. " Do you live alone?" He asked. I just nodded as I don't wanted to talk about this topic with a stranger. " can I make a call?" He asked. I smiled and passed him my phone and was about to go in my room to give him some privacy but he held my hand and said "Stay".

He dials the number and waited for the other person to pick the call. "Hello.. Dad. Yeah.... I'll explain it to you all in person..... umm ..... hold on. What's the address? He asked. "Via san Zanobi Apartment" I replied. They continued with the conversation for few more minutes and shifted my focus on tv again. " Si... va bene papà.... anche tu..." and with that he passed my phone back. "Thanks". "Prego" I replied.

"So you do speak Italian" he stated with an amusing expression. I looked at him for a second " Is he being serious " I thought and just shrug my shoulders, I'm not in mood for  this stupid talk now.

" I never got the chance to thank you for saving me, so, thank you" he said. I nodded my head and replied " and I never got the chance to ask your name "
Edwaldo Barone.

Her apartment-