Chapter 24

"Home" do I have one? This question kept popping into my head from time to time since we both have started our journey which by the way was not easy at all

"Home" do I have one? This question kept popping into my head from time to time since we both have started our journey which by the way was not easy at all. This guy sure have some tricks folded up in his sleeves because after an hour of arguing he convinced me to go with him. I'm not the type of person to give up this early in arguments but due to my low energy and lack of motivation to go on with this drama I thought it's better to go with him for now.

It's been 20 minutes that we have left the hospital. It's just him and I in the car and we both are into our own world. I don't know about Santino but I sure am. I don't know how I will find the answers to all the question marks that I have in my life. If I think about all those pictures and videos that I saw the other night I have so many questions about so many things. I don't know how I'm gonna get answers to that. If it's really true that I have some relationships with Barone's, how I'm going to find them more importantly how will they all react to it? From all the information that I have I'm clear on one thing that Barone's hate Eleanora.

"What you thinking Hazel?" Santino asked.
"Nothing much...."
"Hmm.... it's can't be nothing. You haven't said anything since we left hospital."
"Does your family know that I'm coming back with you?"
"Yeah....... I guess....."
"What you mean I guess? Haven't you talked to anyone or informed anybody at home."
"I've already talked with nonno don't worry you're little head too much about that...hmmm....?"
"Okay..... " After few minutes I thought to ask him some questions to clarify some of my doubts.
"Ummm.... Santino...?"
"Yeah"
"Were you born here in Italy?"
"Yeah"
"What about your brothers"
"Yeah.... they too..."
"What you do?"
"Is this some sort of an interview?"
"You can think it that way too but I'm bored. Also, you bought me with you against my will so deal with it."
He sighed and replied "fine, I handle our family business along with dad and Gabriele."
"And what about other guys?"
"Well, Achille is doctor. Edwaldo is studying business so that later he can handle it beside us and Niccolo feel's business is not his thing so decided to go into IT. Plus he's very good with technology stuff."
"Hmmm... that's good. Were you always into business or you had no other choice, that's why you had to prepare yourself to do it?"
He didn't said anything but looked at me for few seconds and then shifted his focus again on the road. I kept looking at him and waited for his response and when I thought he's not going to answer I shifted my attention to the window and looked that the passing trees. After few minutes he spoke again.
"I always wanted to be a pianist. When I was little I had this dream that one day I will become a composer but as I grew up I had to let go of my dream because for me family comes first. So, being the eldest brother I had to do it for my siblings so they didn't have to do it. So they can follow their passion which they are doing right now."
"Do you still play?"
"Rarely because I don't have time to play anymore now. Being the In charge I'm always into files, solving problems, cracking deals and list goes on."
"Does anyone know in your family about it?"
"Yes, but she doesn't live with us anymore."
She? Who is this woman? Is he talking about his mother? Does that mean he doesn't have any idea that his mother dies? I wanted to ask more about it but I know that it was not my place to ask so I switched the question.
"Who's your favorite composer?"
"Ludovico Einaudi"
"What!!!!!! Really!!! Omg !!!!!! Are you serious?"
"Can you stop shouting women and what's the issue with Einaudi?"
"It's not the issue I'm super amazed that you also like his work. You know I was 12 when I first heard his music and since then I'm great fan of his work. His music is like a therapy for me."
He laughed " why are you laughing? I didn't crack any joke?"
"I guess I hit the jackpot today."
"Huh..... what you mean?"
"Well I got two different reactions from you today anger and excitement. This is the most you have showed till now because since the day I have met you just always stays in your shell."
"Says the one who didn't said a single word when we met. Do you remember how you greeted me?" I turned towards him and sat straight with blank face. Then I mimicked his head node the exact way he did to me when we met for first time.
"That was horrible. I'm sure I was not this stiff when I met you. Plus my way of greeting or giving response with head nod is way better then your." He said with a smirk and amusement in his eyes.
"Mr. Santino Barone have you ever seen yourself in the mirror when you are in this serious mode. I'm sure you haven't because you definitely look like this."
He laughed and got out of the car and walked towards my side. That's when I realised that we have reached home. Home this word sounds so strange if I say it. I didn't even realised when our journey started and ended but I wish I could spend more time with him. Ever since I got to know about Eleanora I cannot ignore the fact that this family is somehow related to me. I want to make sure about my suspicions, i want answers to all the questions that are in my mind right now before getting onto some decisions.

Santino opened the door for me and extended his hand for me to take to get out of the car. As I got out of the car, a horrible pain jolt in my left leg and I list my balance. Luckily Santino was quick to respond and held me up before I could fall.
"Are You okay?"
"Yeah... just my left leg ..... I'll be fine... thanks."
He didn't said anything and within seconds he lifted me up in his arms.
"Santino I'm fine... please.... can you put me down?"
"No"
"Look everyone is watching." I said gesturing to all those big thanos that were currently guarding his house.
"So? And why the hell are you so light? Don't you eat anything?" He said and kept walking inside the house.
"I swear to God if you don't put me down now I'm going to crack your head open with something. I'm warning you now so put me down this instant."
"And you think I'll be scared of you?"
"You........."

"What's going on here?" Said a heavy voice. I looked towards the person and saw his hulk's whole family looking at him and I.