Chapter 66

I knew when Ren was at some distance from the dining hall I looked at the person in front of me who was my everything, my whole world

I knew when Ren was at some distance from the dining hall I looked at the person in front of me who was my everything, my whole world. And this very person is standing here, alive, in front of me. The tornado kept becoming big in my chest that I couldn't hear anyone who was asking us to explain.
"You are not dead. You are alive. "
"I'm so sorry squirrel......"
"Don't you dare repeat that word again if you want to stay alive this time for real." I said in a dark and dangerous tone.
"Please let me explain Haze." He stepped forward and tried to hold my arms. I immediately backed off as if I get an electric shock.
"Don't you dare touch me. DON'T....... stay away from me."
"Okay...okay... I won't..... but calm down..... otherwise you'll get the panic attack." He said with his hands in surrender.
I started laughing like a mad woman. Panic attacks..... now he cares?.????
"Haze, please let me explain." I looked dead in his eyes.
"Do it......." I wanted to know the reason badly. So, I closed my eyes and tried to calm myself down by supporting my on the chair with my hands. It was still quite and my patience was running low.
"Waiting......." was the only word I said to inform him to start speaking.

He took a deep breath and spoke. "Mom and dad hired two people to adopt me for safety reasons. I was 11 or something when threats started coming from our enemies because of business and our families involvement in mafia. Soon after that I got into a car accident. Mom and dad thought it was a good idea to give me a new beginning so everything and everyone related with my past stays safe. I wanted to meet you so many time but because of threats I couldn't. I'm so sorry Haze...... I'm so sorry...... there was never a single day I didn't think of you. I missed you so much." His voice broke at the end.

I knew that he was finished with his speech. So, I opened my eyes and looked at him. His face shows all the emotions right now trying to make me weak but my anger was way stronger right now.
"Do you have threats now?" He looked at me and shook his head.
"No....."
"Does your family were also getting threatened?"
"Y....yesss...."
"Did they leave you alone?" He knew where my questions were going. When he didn't replied I asked angrily.
"ANSWER THAT GOD DAMN QUESTION."
"No...."
"Did your father leave his brothers because of those fucking threats?"
"No....." he answered looking down.
"Did you really thought I was safe?" He looked at me with confusion and concern.
"Did you really thought I was safe even when I was living in the orphanage with you? No, because my foster parents fucked me up every time I was sent to new home."
"No....."
"Yes.... and you know what is the fun part? I was tortured for 4 years even worse than an animal. Do you know how cold was that basement? Oh..... how will you know.... you were living a lavish life here." My anger was taking over my thoughts and actions so much that I didn't know what I was doing at this moment.
"I was literally living because I knew you were alive somewhere out their. The day I got out of that jail I was happy even though I was empty on the inside. I was happy that someday I will meet you. And guess what I got this stunning news after few days into the orphanage that you are fucking dead..... DEAD...... I was lost after that day. First I decided to end my life the day I ran from their but then I thought you will not be happy with my decision. So, I thought of the day you showed the picture of one of the places here and I moved here. Just because of you I did it. I thought my so called dead best friend will be happy watching from above that I'm trying to live a happy life. 8 years..... 8 stupid years I tried to patch up my broken self and here you are alive opening up those wounds again."