Chapter 16

This time when I found consciousness I was bit better

This time when I found consciousness I was bit better. As I looked towards to my right I see a woman who I saw earlier. When she saw me awake she got up and came close to the bed and sat on it. She had smile on her face but her eyes showed a worry in it. I got up a bit in a sitting position and she held my hand.

"Are you okay now cara?; you got us all so worried.  
I'm sorry? ..... it came as in question
Hmmm.... when was the last time you ate something?
Ummm.... " I tried to remember while looking outside the window and see it's dark outside. I just had coffee this morning that's all.

She just shook her head and took the landline from the bedside table and called someone to send food in room. I don't know how to feel or react to that. These rich people and their things.

"How are you feeling now?" She asked
"My head is little fuzzy but I'm okay now. Thank you for taking care of me. That's very kind of you."
"It's okay dear, I'm the one who should be apologizing right now. We all invited you for showing our appreciation but we all came late home. We all thought someone was back home, unfortunately we all got stuck somewhere that time.
It's okay, you don't need to apologize. It can happen with anyone we are humans after all." I replied.

She kept looking at me as if she wanted to ask something but we got interrupted by someone entering the room with food tray. I guess this is one of the helpers here. She placed the tray on table and left with a bow.

Genoveva picked a soup bowl from the tray and started staring the steaming hot soup with spoon. "Do you mind if I feed you?" She asked. I was dumbstruck, what should I say to that? No sure what to do so I nodded my head and she blow the bite for me to eat. She did it with each bite and I took it, at this moment, My mind was blank but my heart was at joy. Is this how mothers are with their children? She looks at me with confusion and asked what you mean dear? Then I realised that my dumb mouth spoke it aloud.

"Here have some medicine with water." She said while handling me two pills and glass of water.
"Thank you." I replied. I handed her glass back after drinking it. "I should go back now, I have work tomorrow and I guess it's very late now."
"Absolutely no, you are not going anywhere my dear. You need to rest and take a day off from work. "
She looks at me sternly. I have a feeling if I oppose her she gonna become an angry bull. So I agree with her.

However, I need to call Jane to let her know. So, I started looking around for my phone which I didn't but I found my jacket on the couch near bed; then I realised I'm not wearing it. That got me worried now. Did she saw my scars? Should I asked her? So I mustered some courage and decided to ask her but she cut me off first.
"I know what you are thinking cara." This got me off guard. How is it possible? So I
asked her "did you see my scars?" I asked in very low voice. I was afraid to learn the answer. She didn't said anything for some time.

" Yes" we kept looking at each other, then she held my both hands and said with a little smile " I know whatever happened with you must be bad and I can understand this feeling of being constant pain in heart if you remember it or this feeling of being alone in this world because at one point in my life I was their with all that pain, loneliness and scars. "
"Will it ever go away?" I asked
"No, but this pain will lessen by time. Some scars will fade away and some will stay on your body for lifetime but if you make these scars your strength then you will be the queen of your life. I know it's not easy to stay hidden behind that huge rock of pain but once you know how to make yourself stronger by these scars it will never gave you this much pain that you feel right now."
She held my face and kissed my forehead with love that brought water in my eyes.
"Thank you " I said in hushed tone.

"Now get some rest and I'll see you in the morning okay?" To which I nodded "Do you need anything before I go?" Genoveva asked and then I remembered " Yes, actually do you know where my phone is? I need to call my boss about tomorrow."
She opened the side table drawer and handed me my side bag and with that she got out of the room not before smiling at me with good night.

I then called Jane and told her that I will be off and she also said that she too needs to go run some errands so she'll close the bakery tomorrow. After the call I lays down and kept looking outside the big window. Will I ever be able to live like a queen with all these scars. Will I ever get a chance to find a family and a loving husband like Genoveva? Will I live a happy life? These thoughts kept running in my head and I fall into deep slumber.