Chapter 17

I opened my eyes and looked outside the window to see that same cat sitting on the windowsill and looking outside

I opened my eyes and looked outside the window to see that same cat sitting on the windowsill and looking outside. I got out of the bed and went towards the window the cat which heard me and looked at me. We both looked outside view " It's so beautiful here, isn't it? I wish I could see it every day."

"This can be possible

"This can be possible." I looked back to see Genoveva at the door. "How?" She came closer to me and tucked my hair behind the ear. " you can stay here for as long as you want " I looked at her astonished is this lady gone crazy? How can she ask a stranger to live with her family? Then she looks at the cat who is currently watching us as if that thing can understand each and every word that comes out of our mouth. " this is my cat, Cotton. She doesn't like much people around her especially strangers but since yesterday she's been attached to you like a cocoon." She patted her cats head and then shifted her focus back to me. "I actually came in the room to see if you're awake or not. Since, you are why don't you freshen up I've already told one of the staff girls to put all toiletries in the washroom. I'll also send you some clothes with her." I nodded my head in agreement and thanked her. "Alright then, I'll see you in dining hall in 40 minutes. Everyone will be there by then." With that she left the room for me to get ready.

I looked towards the cat and said" okay, cotton I'm gonna go take shower. You should also go and get some food in your tummy." With final pat on her head, I went in the washroom and did my business. Then got a quick shower.

As I went out of the washroom with a towel wrapped on my body, I saw a white dress on the bed with some garments. So I quickly wore everything and went towards the vanity to see some make up and skin necessities on it. How in world did she manage to get all this? I checked the packaging of the products to see which one is for my skin type and then applied it. Then I applied some mascara, blush and lip gloss. For the hair I put them in a low ponytail. Then I wore my shoes which I wore yesterday and checked myself in the mirror for last time. I got out of the room and bumped into someone.

As I looked up I see it's Niccolo; he smiled at me and said " I was about to knock the door to check if you are ready

As I looked up I see it's Niccolo; he smiled at me and said " I was about to knock the door to check if you are ready. You are looking very pretty also this color suits you so much." He complimented. This is so awkward situation for me right now. No one ever said something like this to me especially a boy well except Orlando. So to not make this situation more complicated I thanked him. " Ummm.....We should get going, ummm.... everyone must be waiting for us." With that he nodded his head and lead the way.

"Ummm... Hazel?
Yes Niccolo
Ummm.... actually I wanted to apologize for yesterday. I was suppose to welcome you since no one was home but I got so invested into my game that I didn't notice the time. I'm very very sorry.
Hey.... it's fine... you don't have to feel bad. We are humans after all, we tend to make mistakes.
Thanks .... I guess" he said with an uneasy smile.
By the time we were done with our conversation, we've reached the dining hall.