Chapter 59

I was in my room getting my phone and wallet when someone knocked and entered the room

I was in my room getting my phone and wallet when someone knocked and entered the room. I turned around to see Edwaldo walking in. I rolled my eyes at that, I mean what's the point of even knocking then?
"You look pissed at something" his not so sweet voice brought me back to the earth.
"Yeah I am at rather someone." I said the last part in a hushed voice that even I couldn't hear it.
"Huh.....?"
"Nothing, were you looking for me?"
"Yeah, we should get going if you are ready."
"Yeah, let's go."

We both walked out of my room and bumped into nonno and nana.
"Are you ready to go cara?"
"Yes nana"
"Alright, be careful and let us know if there is any problem."
"Sí nonno, I will"
They both hugged me and we started walking towards the car.
"You my little sister, you are very lucky that we mafia kings are right at your service otherwise when I was at your age slippers were thrown at our direction even just for small mistake."
"Do you smell that?" I asked him sniffing around him.
"What?"
"Something is burning."
He first sniffed like I did and then stopped on his track to look at me. I on the other hand was having hard time keeping straight face.
"Hahaha..... very funny"
"I know it is."
"Shut up and get in the car."
"Oh you didn't just said that"
"Oh yes I just did."
"Fine, don't blame me later then."
"What......"

Before he could say anything else I sat on the ground and started fake crying, knowing very well that if someone heard it, he's dead. For few seconds he couldn't comprehend what is happening but as soon as light in his brain turned on he sat down to my level and started covering my mouth so no one would hear me.
"Fine, I'm sorry, okay....... now please get in the car."
"Okay....." I immediately got up and sat in the car.
"I'm gonna remember that principessa"
I just wink at him and started looking outside at the guards who were literally surprised at the scene which and folded in front of them.

As the car started moving, we both got busy into our own world. Edwaldo got a phone call and he was busy with it the whole way to the hospital; I on the other hand kept looking outside the window at the passing trees. Soon we were in the city and within few minutes we got to our destination. I was kind of nervous because I really don't want something bad happening at this moment when I'm about to get out of this plaster. Even though I am at ease on the outside I am totally at chaos on the inside. I didn't take for us to wait because we were at the exact time for appointment and soon the doctor came in to his office with a smile on his face.
"Hi Hazel, how are you?"
"I'm good how about you?"
"Not bad. Thank you for asking."
I just smiled in response.
"Alright so let's check how is your arm and then we can decide if you'll be keeping the plaster for a little longer or no."  I couldn't form any words so I just nodded in response.
After about an hour or so, the doctor gave us a green light and I was good to go without the plaster.  I was a bit happy that I don't have to wear that stupid plaster anymore, but still that stupid feeling of something, bad happened was not going away so I couldn't even display my happiness because of it.
"So my sweet sister, how are you feeling?"
"good"
"just good?"
"Yeah"
"Okay............"
"So do you wanna go somewhere to celebrate?"
"Ummmm........ not right now I'm kinda tired can we please go home?"
"Yes..... sure......"
The real reason was because of that feeling I didn't want to go anywhere. Soon we both sat in our car and started our journey back home. I don't know why but my heart was beating like a damn metro train right now. I looked around in the car and everyone was busy with their own thing. Marco was driving, Edwaldo as usual was on the phone. As we were in mid way to the home I heard a faint beeping sound of something. At first I thought it was my mind playing tricks with me but then I heard it clearly. I don't know why but the first thing that came in my mind was to jump out of the car.
"Edwaldo, Marco on the count of three jump out of the right now."
This took them by surprise and they both looked at me to make sure I'm not nuts right now.
"What the hell is wrong with you Hazel?"
"Don't question, please on the count if three just jump both if you."
I could still hear that beeping sound which was now going a little faster and louder.
"Did you also hear that?" Marco questioned me.
"Yes..... now jump on three." We all put our hands on the car handle ready to open it on three.....
"One........... two............ three............."
We all jumped out of the car which was now keep driving itself and within few seconds it blasted right in front of my eyes. There was a second car with guards in it who also jumped out like us and within seconds their car also blasted. I don't know if they saw what happened that's why those guards jumped as well but I was glad that they did and were safe now.

I was in shock right now. If we would have been late for just few seconds it would've killed us all. At distance, I could hear someone calling my name but I was still in shock and disbelief that why my life keep testing with me? Will I ever be able to live without any fear? Is it always gonna be like this where I have to live in a bubble in which I never know what's gonna happen next?