Chapter 43

I kept looking at him in disbelief

I kept looking at him in disbelief. Is he the same person who told me the other night that he doesn't care if I'm related to him or not but he will be there for me, is he?
We all kept looking at him in incredulity.

Santino looked at our father and said
"I already told you that I'll never forgive you. And you" he said looking at me.
"Get the fuck out of my office. I don't want to see your ugly face. You have already wasted a lot of our time."
I couldn't form a single word right now. Did he really steeped so low. My own big brother? No one here said anything after that. His words hit me hard. It reminded me of the days I was in my foster homes.

"Did you not hear what I said? Get........" he was about to say something when nonno entered the office.
"What's going on here?" He questioned.
He was calm but I could hear a little irritation in his voice.
"Nothing nonno, Hazel was here to give us food." Gabrielle tried to save the situation.
"I know that but what is going on here?"
No one spoke anything.
"Hazel.....?" He asked me.
I was so stunned to speak anything. I couldn't even able to process my own feelings right now. It was as if my heart was getting numb by all this.

He came closer to me and asked again. "Hazel, what happened?"
I don't know what came to my mind because what I said next made myself even more stupid
"Nonno, can I help you?"
"What you mean bambina?"
"Can I see what's going on in your servers?"
"How will you do it?" Gabrielle asked.
I didn't bother to look at him or reply. I kept looking straight into nonno's eyes and waited for his answer.
"Okay." Is all nonno said.
"Nonno, are you serious right now?" Santino asked him.
"I dare you to repeat that boy." Nonno asked in authority. He didn't dare to question him again after that.
"Okay cara. Follow me."
We all went out of the office and entered the elevator. No one spoke anything. Gabrielle pressed 20 number and we waited patiently to reach their. I don't know what came in my stupid mind that I asked nonno for it. But looking at bright side it's good if I immerse myself into something right now because whatever happens few minutes ago will somehow affect me and even I don't know what will happen when this pain will come to the surface which is lulling to asleep for some time now.

The door to the elevator opened I followed nonno. We went to the last door of the hall and he opened it. Which was non other than the IT. It was so much hustle going on right now. Everyone was rushing, typing, talking, there was so much chaos here. We entered a cabin and nonno sat on the sofa following me. A man came rushing toward the cabin and before he could speak anything nonno looked at me and asked
"What do you need cara?"
"Computer or laptop to access your servers." Nonno nodded his head and looked at the man.
"You heard the lady."
And with a single word he got out of the office.
No one said anything and we waited patiently for the man to return. He came in the cabin with two more guys and put three laptops on the table.
"These will give you access to all of them."
Now my work mode was on
"Who all have access to the main servers?"
"It's three of us."
"Okay can I get your name please."
"I'm Antonio, this is Luca and this is Aldo."
"Okay guys I know this might sound weird but please interrupt me when I say or order you anything."
They just nodded partly because they were confused and didn't want their bosses to strangle them.

I might have a broken arm but my fingers are working perfectly fine. I got up and sat on the chair and put one laptop in my lap. I asked other three guys to do same and asked them to brief the whole situation. After that I asked them what algorithms they were using to handle the problem. It took around 25 minutes for me to understand that they will be doomed if this problem is not solved by the end the day.
After 25 minutes we 4 got to typing and typing and typing. I kept ordering them and gladly they followed my instructions. I didn't even bother to look a others. I don't know how long I'm in same position but my arm starts to hurt now. So I looked up from the screen to see everyone looking at me.

I looked at  Gabrielle and asked him "can you ask Achille to bring me my pain meds. I need them."
He was about to say something when nonno spoke. "You heard her." And with that he got up and left the room. I again focused back on the laptop and kept conversing with Luca, Antonio and Aldo. It was hard for me to focus because of pain. At some time during our work Achille and Gabrielle entered the room.
"Here it is." Achille said.
I was about to take them when he asked
"Have you eaten anything?"
I couldn't waste my time right now in anything so I did a childish thing. U snatched the medicine from his hand and put it in my mouth and signaled him to pass me water. He was shocked at first and then got pissed.
"I don't have time Achille, please."
I know he wants to say something but didn't say anything when he looked behind my back at nonno and other's.

I again got to work and now the pain in my arm was subsided. I don't know who came in the office or who got out because I was very involved into stupid decision that I made. This person is getting on my nerves right now and I'm beyond frustrated and pissed.
"I severe to God if I ever find you I'm going to shoot you myself."
"Count me in Arlo replied and Other two nodded their heads in agreement. It seems like we keep working in circles at moment. When we feel like we are almost their we are again back to the staring point. It seems as if someone is giving access to all our solution to the other party. I abruptly looked up at my father and nonno and said "shut down each and single screen in this building right now. You have a mole." They all looked at each other and got to work. I as well was working on it.

After that we were able to restore all the servers one by one except for server C. "Luca where is server C?" I asked him. He got up and when I was about to get up my got numb and I almost fell if someone didn't had helped me. I looked up to see Santino. Oh, how I blood started to boil when I realised that. I stood up and snatched my arm from his hand. I know everyone saw it but no one spoke anything.

"Let's go." Is all I said looking towards Luca. We got out of the office and went towards the server with our laptops. We got their and I started looking for something which was odd in it.
"How many key cards do you put in single bullet?"
"Two." Arlo replied.
"Is it for all sections and servers?"
"Yes." He replied.

I kept looking at all the bullets and sections and that when I found it. "Looks like this one have three."
"What." All three guys asked in surprise.
I got that out and settled down on the floor with laptop and started working with others to get the back up on the last server as well. It took us more time to fix that then we thought. I asked the guys to layout a plan to make a firewall for the servers so we can get an alerts beforehand. That didn't took up long and I don't know after how long but it was all fixed now with extra security.
As soon as I was done I laid down on the floor because my back was killing me.

"What's the time right now?" I asked no one in particular. But the answer surprised me.
"It fucking 4 something in the morning."
"What!!!!"
I didn't realize that it was just four of us right now in the room. Did everyone left already?
"They went out few minutes ago." Luca answered my unasked question.
"Girl, who are you? How do you know all of this?"