Chapter 34

Since morning, I'm lost with all kind of thoughts

Since morning, I'm lost with all kind of thoughts. Since morning, after knowing the truth, I feel like may be now I have someone in this world whom I can say family even though they don't know the truth.

I don't know when I slept while pondering about the whole situation, but the call from Barone's or should I say my family woke me. I was surprised when nonno talked to me and asked me to come back. It's strange, only one day ago they wanted keep distance from me and now they want me to come back.... why? Did something happened while I was here? Think positive Hazel.... think positive..... everything is fine.

I decided to drop the subject and start gathering few things that are left to pack. It was 2 in the afternoon and I have not eaten anything and I have not even taken the medicine since morning so, now my arm has started to hurt a little plus they sofa was not a good place to sleep, my back is hurting too. Goodness.... when did I start having these pains in my body like grandma. Anyhow, I managed to pack-up and get myself ready as well. Thinking about the conversation now why would nonno send some unknown guy to pick me up, he could have sent captain Rick too. 

I decided to check on my system for last time and decided to turn off the servers as I will be away for I don't know how long. I entered my secret room and looked into all the screens for one last time. Everything seems normal so with one final check I turned them off for my safety reasons plus I can still access most of the data on my laptop which I'm bringing along in case I need it. Who knows I will have to use some of my magic powers to save their burning bums someday ..... hehehe... kidding.

After that I went inside the kitchen and decided to have snack because one I don't have anything in the kitchen and two I have a broken arm so snack it is. I found a garlic dip in the fridge and a pack of chips. I was munching on the chips when the bell rang. It must be that guy Lorz.... something. I opened the door to find a 6 ft. something guy who is extremely handsome, tall, fit and oh my gosh what is wrong with me.
"Hi... Hazel... right?" Say the lush man standing in front of me.
"Hi.... yes...and you are?" I tried to not show but this is the first time I'm meeting such a handsome guy in my entire life so, I'm just a little nervous.
"Lorenzo.... nonno sent me to bring you back home." He said smiling while showing his pearl white teeth.
"Yes... please come in...."
I let him inside my tiny home, he looked around and said "you have a beautiful home"
"Thanks" I replied. He sat on the sofa and I offered him to drink something but he declined saying he already eat and is full.
"Why don't you show me your stuff and I can load it in the car."
"Yeah... please follow me." I lead him inside my room and now I was a little conscious when he entered my room. I hope there is nothing out which shouldn't suppose to be. I guess we girls can understand that feeling....right?
I was in my own thoughts when I heard him laugh "what...?" I asked
"I hope you are not bringing your yellow teddy bear with you... which by the way is cute..." okay forget what I was saying 10 minutes ago about hot and lush.... he now falls in the category called assholes like Santino.
"We should get going..." I said and leave the room. I got to my living room and took my laptop bag and put it on my other shoulder.
"Is that all?" He asked showing me my 3 bags
"Yes"
"Okay... let's get going then.."

Soon we both were on the road in his black Range Rover to my new house. For how long? I don't know but I want to cherish all the memories that I gather there.

"How's your arm?"
"Okay..."
"Is it hurting?"
"A little bit but I can manage."
"You sure?"
"Ummmhmmm.." I hummed
"You don't talk much, do you?"
"You could say that."
"How do you like living their so far?"
"Good. Everyone is nice except few."
"And that few would be starting from Santino... am I right?"
I didn't say anything because I have a feeling that they both are close and I don't want him feeding my big brother some stupid words which will come bite me after few days when he'll know about it.
"So do you have a boyfriend?"
His question make me choke on my saliva. From where did this question come up.
"Hehehe... sorry.... was just curious, I guess.."
Okay ... scratch that.... forgot that I ever said him handsome, he's a total nut crack. So, I decided to ask him same stupid questions he's asking me.
"Do you have girlfriend?"
"Nah.... my life is so busy that I don't have time for this. My life is so busy that sometimes I don't even have time for myself sometimes."
"That sucks.."
"Well, it sure does. What about you? You still haven't answered my question."
"I don't trust anyone to come in my life and knows about all my secrets and problems."
"Hmm... that's going to be an issue for the one who comes into your life."
"Well, then I wish he doesn't come then."
"Wow, that's harsh. Let me give one advice that I got from someone very important to me, life in front of you is more important than the one in past. So, don't wait for extraordinary opportunities, seize common occasions and make them great. I don't know what shit broke your heart but it opened your eyes. Take it as a win. If you keep worrying about past and what it did to you or your heart you'll be wasting your time. It will not change anything, all it does is steal your present from you. In the end, only three things matter as per my belief."
"And what is that?"
"How much you loved, how gently you lived  and how gratefully you've let go of the things which were not meant for you."

His word bought tear in my eyes. So, I kept looking outside the window because I didn't want to show him how true his words were. I never had anyone in my life who could tell me all this. The one person I had was also taken away from me. After his death I closed all the door for anyone to enter. I guess I'm still holding onto that pain and that is the reason I'm still in my past. I don't want to go through that pain again. Even though I've found my family but there's this fear that it could happen again, that they will be gone from my life in a snap. This is the reason I want to maintain my distance from them and cherish them from far. At least I'll be aware that they are fine.

When did our journey begin and ended I don't even remember. All I know is that I'm standing in from of a house that have my family inside, with whom I'll be spending next days of my life with.

Lorenzo Rossi: