Chapter 31

I looked towards him and saw him filing his nails. In front of him there were his plucked nails too. I came here to ask him if I can go home but now my whole focus was on those trimmed nails. Now the question is how am I going to get them without him noticing anything.

"Hi, Mr. Armando. I hope I'm not disturbing you?" I spoke to get his attention.
"Oh hello cara, no no please come in."
"Thank you."
"How are you feeling now? Any pain?"
"I'm good. Thank you for asking."
"So, what can I do for you?"
"Ummm.... actually I'd like to go home."
As I said that he got a little more attentive towards me.
"Did something happened? Or someone said something?"
"No no please nothing happened. Contrary to that, everyone one is very sweet and humble." Except your big angry bull Santino, I thought.
"Then, why do you want to go back?"
"Actually, I'm not use to staying somewhere. Plus all my clothes are back home and I haven't informed my bakery owner about the accident. I have to meet her too."
"Hmmm...... "
What is that now? What should I infer from it. Does that mean I can go or not?
Why is he still quiet and staring at me?
"Hazel...."
"Yes?"
"Don't get me wrong but where your parents from."
That question caught me off guard. Why the hell is he asking me that?
"Ummm... I don't know. All I know is my mother died after she gave birth to me."
What the fudge..... why am I even saying that? I still don't know if Eleanora is my mother or not.
"What about your father?"
"No idea."
He didn't asked anything after that but then I decided to question him.
"Can I ask you something?"
"Yeah."
"I've noticed that there is no female presence in your home except nonna. Do you have all boys only?"
He laughed at my question. What? I was curious.
"Sì cara, I only have 5 boys."
"No daughter."
"Sì, no daughter."
"Didn't you wish to have one."
And without even thinking he replied.
"No cara, our family never had a girl in last three generations. And I don't think we will ever have one. Plus, I think she will make our family weak."
"Weak!!!! How?"
"Our family is very rich and it means we have more enemies than friends. So, if someone wants to find our weakness all they have to do is attack on the weakest link, that will be the girl."
"But girls can be strong too."
"I know cara, but you never know a stronger ones can become disadvantage to others also."
His word right now were hurting me. I know it's still not clear if I'm related to him somehow but right now his words were affecting me.
He was about to say something when his phone rang.
"Cara, how about you bring your stuff here for few days and inform your employer that you will be taking off till you get better. And I'm not taking no for an answer."
"Okay, but can I take today's day to do all that I will be back tomorrow."
"Okay. I'll ask Fedrick to take you home."
"Thank you." I replied while smiling.
"No problem, I'll see you later then."
"Sure."
And by saying that he left the room. I immediately got up from the sofa and took a Kleenex from the box and took three plucked nails from the pile with that, folded it and put it in my pocket. Then I went out of the room to look for Achille. He is the one having my medicines so I have to meet him before going. I saw the same sweet lady and asked her if she know where is Achille. She said no so I went back to my room. The food plate was not there now and I was still not hungry so I decided to do some rest.

I removed my jacket and lay down on the bed. As I closed my eyes all those things kept running through my head again which happened since morning. I remember that Armando's nail clips were still in the jacket so I got up and took the Kleenex out of the pocket and put it in trouser pocket that I'm wearing. I hope I can find the answers that I'm looking for soon. I was sitting on the bed when Niccolo entered my room.
"How are you feeling now, Hazel?"
"I'm good."
"Dad asked me to drop you back home. Fedrick has gone with Santino and Achille to their work."
"Okay then let's go."
"Have you eaten something? I don't want you to go back empty stomach."
"Yeah.... I've eaten."
"Okay... let's go then."
We both were in the living room when I noticed no one was here till now for breakfast.
"Where are others."
"Dad is in his office, you already know about Santino and Achille, nonno and nana have gone to church and others are sleeping."
"Okay."

The ride to home was very comforting with him. As he dropped me off he went back home. I got inside my house and decided to call Jane first. It took me whole 30 minutes to explain her the situation. She was angry and concerned too but at the end gave me days off till I'm better.

After that I texted the same guy I talked in the morning to take samples from me. I clipped my nail as well and put both in two different zip lock and wrote the Hazel on mine and party B on other. I can't risk anyone finding out about it. In the afternoon he came and took the samples from me and said that he will email me the results tomorrow morning. Then for whole day I did some chores packed my clothes and then slept early because I was tired. I didn't had my meds with me so I took the painkillers that I had home so I could sleep peacefully.

Next morning I woke up by 8 and first thing I did was to check my phone for mail from him. There was still not any notification so I decided to freshen up made something to eat because I don't know if I can eat anything after I get to know the truth or not.