Chapter 28

Narrator's pov

Achille enters the room and was surprised to see all his brothers on worried state. When he looked at Hazel he found her unconscious.
"What the hell happened here?"
"We don't know, she just started feeling more pain and then fainted." Gabs replied.
"Let me have a look."
He started checking her vitals, checked her body temperature.
"Her BP is low and she's having fever too."
"But she was just fine sleeping peacefully few minutes ago." Niccolo stated.
"I know Niccolo and it can happen in few cases when patient cannot handle the pain they faint. Don't worry she'll be fine by morning."

Santino was quite the whole time. He couldn't comprehend anything right now either his emotions or the situation. Edwaldo and Niccolo both were too perplexed to even think about it. All they want right now was for her to open her eyes and say something to them. The pain in her eyes when she said "help me" was something that was bothering all of them.

"Let's all rest now, she will wake by morning." Achille said to all of them.
"What if her condition worsens? Someone has to be there with her." Edwaldo questioned worriedly.
"Don't worry, I'll stay with her. You all go and have rest." Santino said
"Santino are you forgetting about the meeting that we have tomorrow? Brother you need rest too. It's a big deal for us tomorrow." Said Gabrielle.
"All of you go, I'll stay with her and don't worry I'll inform you first if something goes wrong." Achille reassures them.
"Okay.... we'll see you in morning then."

One by one everyone leaves the room leaving Hazel and Achille alone. Achille sets his blanket and pillow on the sofa near her bed and lays on it. He was so tired that the minute he closes his eyes he fell into deep slumber.

It was early in the morning when Hazel opened her eyes and looked out of the window. The early morning sky was bright blue. She looks the other side of the room to find Achille sleeping. She was confused to see him here. She then slowly got out of the bed and see some medicines and a syringe there. Then she remembered that she was feeling too much pain that she couldn't handle it and blacked out. That means he was there to check on her the whole night? But then she remembered the conversation that the whole family had on dinner table. That dropped her mood like a fallen leaf.

She decided to freshen up and go for a walk to clear her mind. She quickly went to washroom and did her business. She went back to the room and looked for her phone, when she found it she saw a missed call from Jane. I decided to call her later but first check the temperature outside. It was 10 degrees outside so I decided to look for some thick jacket. I looked in the closet in the room and found few clothes there, luckily I found a jacket which was a little big on me but that was a good thing because I could only wear it from in arm only and then pull it over to other shoulder. As I walked out of the closet I decided to leave a note for Achille saying I heading out for walk. I found a sticky note and marker on the other side of the bed table and wrote on it. First I decided to put the note on the side table which was near him but later I thought to have fun a slowly I went near him and stick that note on his forehead.

Does he always sleep like this in such a deep state? I thought. After that I headed out of the room and closed the door after me.

 After that I headed out of the room and closed the door after me