1 | The Wait

"That's what happens when you mess with ___"

"Forgive me please!"

"Should've thought before messing with me,"

"Please, please, please..."

"Darcy! Luna! Stop for moon's sake!" Kelvin yelled from the doorway.

"Tell your mate to behave Kelvin, she won't get away next time!" Said Luna and let go of Darcy's right arm.

"My mate, huh?" He snorted.

"When she irritates me, then yeah, just your mate."

"Thanks mate," Darcy began.

"Cut it out, why do you do that to her?" He asked.

Kelvin, Darcy and Luna were best friends since middle school. On his sixteenth birthday; Kelvin like other werewolves, found his mate; Darcy. Having grown up between the kinds of her two best friends, Darcy knew everything about werewolves, although she was just a human.

She believed Kelvin when he said that they were destined to be, for she knew that the beasts inside these humans cannot stand being with someone other than their mates. Though they found each other, they've yet to mate. Luna on the other hand was still looking out for her mate, secretly.

"I admit it's no manners to rummage through someone's belongings, but I enjoy annoying her," Darcy chuckled.

"You should not when the person has OCD! Look at the mess Kelvin, the whole order is changed!" Luna pointed at the shelves.

"Whoa! It's a wonder that you're still breathing Darcy," Kelvin said looking at the mess.

"That's because I'm her bestest friend!" She grinned.

"Best friend," Luna moved towards the shelves.

"Come on, you two still act like high school girls. We're twenty five! We train students now, what will they think?"

The three of them work as Interpol agents and also train the newly joined.

"Tell that to her," Luna said while putting her things back in place. "We've the keys to each other's cabins to use for during emergencies, not to do this."

Kelvin sighed and began helping Luna, Darcy lent a hand too. Soon it was all set.

"Don't you do that again Darcy, you know she has OCD, stop annoying her already," Kelvin warned.

"Fine, fine." She twitched her lips, not taking Kelvin seriously.

"See what she did!" Luna yelled.

"All right, I won't." Darcy laughed. "It's not good to mess with the royals, surely not when they're from the most powerful pack of wolves,"

"Shut up!" Luna swatted Darcy's left arm. They all laughed.

Luna hails from a well known and respected pack called the Royalves, her father being the mayor of the Suberswills town and her uncle the army general.

Of all the other packs in town, Royalves are considered the most powerful ones. The next in line was the Wolverales pack, despite the fact that the members of the pack don't live here anymore. But were soon to return. These two packs were kind of family friends too, but are not in contact with each other for some safety reasons.

"Enough now," Kelvin began. "Luna, how far has the case with last week's attack at the Blue Hearts hotel resort gone?" They started walking towards the cabin that they were working in on the case. "Greg asked for a report,"