18 | The Plan...Gone Wrong?

"That's..."

"Recognised well, it's your fingerprint." Alphard smirked and added. "Faked."

"How'd you get it?" Luna asked.

"Oh c'mon, cut the cr*p and___" He hissed in pain as an impact of talking a bit louder on his nose.

"Are you okay?" She rushed to his side and placed her right hand over his chest and left cupped his cheek.

"You ask that after beating me?" He smiled at her faintly.

"Oh, Alphard." She wrapped her arms around his waist tightly and tears started soaking his shirt. "I'm sorry, I'd to___"

"Shh, I know. For uncle Will, we'll do it, I'll do it." He stroked her back with his good hand. "And I also know that behind putting me into the cell, it's your way of protecting me so that those people think I'm not the one they're looking for."

She pulled away to look at him. He smiled and kissed her. She kissed him back and hugged him again after pulling away.

"Let's go to Greg," Luna said.

"Before that, I felt you in distress. Why?" He asked.

After beating him up with the belt, she'd left it there with her faked fingerprint sticking to its back. When Alphard felt better enough to get out of the bed, he'd found what she wanted him to and used it to leave the cell when he felt her in distress.

"Greg should know the reason too, I'll tell once we get there." She said, Alphard agreed.

They left for Greg's cell, this time using the front door to her cabin. Getting there, Luna opened the door and entered in first.

"Visiting me again and again won't change my answer, I'm innocent!" Greg yelled.

"Calm down Gregie," Alphard followed Luna into the cell. "Ain't an interrogation session."

"What's happened to you?" Greg asked looking at Alphard's broken nose, arm and the black eye.

"Ask Luna and her belt."

"You did this? Whipped him with a belt?" Greg questioned Luna.

"How many times do I have to ask for forgiveness? I already said I'm sorry for that. Don't make me feel more guilty than I already am." She said remorsefully.

"All right, all right." Alphard said.

"Plus, he's really good at annoying me Greg, just think that it was for that," Luna gestured at Alphard's plastered head and torso, smirking.

"Can we focus on what we're here for?" Alphard rolled his eyes making the two in front of him laugh. Then they got to the matter at hand.

"Greg, Olivia was here." Luna informed.

"I know, I felt her presence." He sighed.

"Who's Olivia? His mate?" Alphard asked. They just nodded in response.

"I'd to talk to her in a harsh manner. She wasn't ready to leave the place without seeing you. I told her I'd lock her in too if she doesn't leave and also addressed her with the last name." Luna admitted.

"She must've been shocked." Greg smiled sadly.

"I'm sorry," Luna said.

"Don't be, she'll understand. For now let's just focus on bringing Mr. Royalves back, okay?" Greg asked.

"How will I ever thank you two?" Luna's eyes teared up.

"Choosing this field, we take an oath to protect the needful and the nation, how'd we protect them if we're not even able to protect our leaders?" Greg smiled at Luna assuringly.