20 | The Chinchilla Valley

"What do you mean?" Luna frowned.

"This doesn't seem to leave me be," Alphard groaned.

"What exactly are you talking about?"

He rolled his eyes and sighed in frustration making her worry with every passing moment.

What has he seen that's making him feel uncomfortable?

"This," He kicked his feet, still lying on the floor.

"What? Your feet?" Her frown deepened.

"Argh, no! This blanket!" He exclaimed.

"Stupid, dirty minded beast! I was worried sick!" Alphard started laughing at her reaction. "Get up and get dressed, idiot." She got up after pushing her bag to him which was still here in her cabin from when she'd brought the weapons hidden in it.

"Leaving already?" He continued to laugh. Luna just glared at him and ran out of the cabin. He laughed to himself then got up, pulling clothes from the bag to put on. Once dressed, he came out and found Luna standing from across the cabin door. "Is this look acceptable?"

"Jerk," She snorted and leaned in towards him. "You know how much I was scared?" She whispered after pulling away.

She wasn't talking about what just happened and he knew it.

"To be honest, I can't even imagine. I still remember that accident from the white continent and how you were scared even with me still breathing by your side. I cannot imagine what you'd have gone through thinking that I was dead." He hugged her tightly and kissed the top of her head, stroking her hair.

She just buried her face in his chest and clutched his shirt as if afraid to let go of him. He felt worse feeling how she did. He pushed her back a little and wiped her face.

"Thank you, Alphard. For being with me, for loving me this much and above all, for making me feel safe."

"And for making you cry every now and then," He said making her snort. "Let's get down to Greg." She nodded and they made their way down.

"So soon? I told you to take your time," He said as soon as Alphard and Luna entered the cell.

"You want me to beat you like how I beat Alphard the other day?" Luna raised an eyebrow.

"I'm your senior, you wouldn't do that to me," He confidently said.

"You never know, Greg. She didn't hesitate to do it with her mate, we don't have to mention that she did it while going through the pain I did at the moment," Alphard smirked.

"In that case, you can very well stick a tape over my mouth," Greg said and Alphard laughed along with Luna.

"Fine, it's time we leave." Luna uncuffed Greg.

Then the three of them made their way through the forest in search of her father, making sure they don't get caught as Alphard was dead for the world to believe and no lie will come for their aid if someone sees him alive and walking on the lands.

"Where can they possibly take him to?" Greg asked once they stepped into the forest.

"We'd have to think about it so we've a place we're supposed to go, we can't keep wandering aimlessly in search for him, it'll only mean wasting our time." Luna said, trying to think of a place where her father could be held captive.

Suddenly she felt as if she'd solved the entire mystery. She turned to look at Alphard and found him looking the same as her.

"What?" Greg asked.