23 | The Call

"No! Let go of me!"

"So soon? No, you're going to have to watch from where you're as we play with her."

"You lay a finger on her, I swear I'll behead you!"

"You're talks are too much for someone who's tied up with chains,"

He watched as the man in front of him moved towards his mate who was unconscious and tied to a pole. The man slapped her across the face, then raised his hand and grabbed her shirt. The others standing around them started laughing at his helplessness.

"I'm the one you want, let her go!" He yelled.

"It's because of her that us meeting got this much delayed. It wouldn't be fair if I don't return the favor now, would it be?" The man said and pushed himself towards her.

"No!!"

"Alphard!" Someone called from beside him.

"Let go!" He yelled.

"Wake up!!!" He opened his eyes when someone slapped him and came face to face with Luna. She hugged him tightly. "It's all right, it was just a bad dream. Breathe, breathe..." She whispered in his left ear and ran her hand over his back.

It was only 1 am when Luna had woken up to faint grunting beside her. She saw Alphard sweating as his hands clutched the bedsheets and both of his brows almost touching each other in a frown. His body was shaking and he kept throwing his head from side to side as if wanting to free himself from something he's been tied to.

He pulled her close against his chest and buried his face in the crook of her neck, inhaling deeply before letting the breath out.

"I won't let anything happen to you," He mumbled against her neck.

"Nothing will happen, calm down. I'm here, with you." She stroked his head. "We can talk about it if you want to." She pulled away a bit to look at him.

"Not now, maybe in the morning." He said.

"All right then, try to sleep now." She wiped his face.

He smiled.

"How can I wake up to this and go back to sleep?" He looked at her pressed against him, covered with the bedsheets and ran his fingers over her arm.

They were both lying beside each other in a state of nature from last night.

Alphard knew he wouldn't be able to sleep after the nightmare he had. He didn't want to sleep and risk having to experience the trauma again, he needed a distraction that'd take his mind off of the dream and Luna understood him more than anyone now.

"If it calms you down," Luna lifted her chin up with her eyes closed.

**********

"I cannot recognise my own self." Alphard mumbled, looking at his reflection in the mirror.

He had dark circles around his eyes that made him look like a masked animal, Luna was wondering which animal should she compare her mate with for the situation.