17 | The Prisoners

"Greg and Alphard?" Kelvin asked.

"Yes, Greg our former director and Alphard the surgeon; in case you know someone else named Greg and Alphard." Luna said, eyes fixed on the two in front of her.

Kelvin and Darcy looked at each other in shock and confusion, but were in compulsion to comply. The orders weren't just from their friend and colleague, but from the town's Mayor, Luna.

"Luna___" Alphard began.

"I'm no Luna to you till you're proved innocent." She said. "You're a prisoner and I'm to interrogate you."

"Till then? Don't we've the right to justify ourselves?" Greg asked.

"Once you're thrown into the cells. Kelvin, Darcy!" Luna yelled.

The both of them rushed to Alphard and Greg with handcuffs and had it around their wrists.

"We're sorry," Kelvin and Darcy whispered to Alphard and Greg.

"Lock them in separate cells and make sure no one enters in without my permission, not even to provide them with food, or water." Luna ordered.

Kelvin just nodded and took both the men in, with Darcy following behind.

"The town is familiar with Greg, but this surgeon?" The reporters started questioning the moment Alphard and Greg were taken in.

Luna told them about how she'd wanted a surgeon who'd tag along in field missions and Greg had found Alphard.

"This only indicates that they'd been planning this from the very start and during the time when I trained him, his behaviour sometimes made me suspicious and today we're here." She sighed. "Anyways, my mother, Mrs. Royalves, retains her wolfmark, our only way to know that my father still lives, I'll do everything in my power to bring him back. Thank you." She concluded the meet and went back in to the agency. She found Kelvin walking out of the area the cells were in along with his mate. "Darcy, Kel." Luna went to them, she'd missed her best friends. "Good to see you two after this long," She leaned in to hug them, but they stepped back.

"Excuse us, ma'am." Darcy said.

"Darcy? What happened?" Luna asked.

"Do we know you?" Kelvin asked.

"What's wrong with you two? I'm Luna, your Luna!"

"Our Luna? We don't remember our Luna like this!" Darcy shouted.

"Beware Darcy, you're talking to the town's Mayor," Kelvin criticized.

"What's happened to you both?"

"What's happened to us? What's happened to you? All right, Alphard's a new guy, he hid from us the fact that he knew about werewolves and so you suspect him, although we don't, but Greg? Really?" Darcy questioned.

"Darcy, things aren't what they seem like, you don't understand!" Luna argued.

"Oh, yeah? Then make us understand, can you?" Kelvin asked.

"I myself am wrecked, Kel." Luna answered.

"You can't, because there's no other explanation, power has got to your head!" Darcy turned around and walked away. Kelvin gave Luna a look he'd never given her before; the look of disgust and walked away too.

"Ms. Luna, the interrogation ___" An agent came up to her, she didn't even look at his face to remember his name.

"Let's go." They walked to where Greg and Alphard were.

"I'm supposed to record the first statements made by the suspects, after that it's only you and them." He said, that's when Luna looked at him.

It was Stephen. He was young and in his early twenties with hazel eyes and hair of the same colour. He was appointed only a year ago for report writing and media handling works. She'd a brilliant idea. She just nodded and took him to Greg's cabin first.