11 | The Beast

"You sure about this, dear?" Laura asked.

"Yes, mom. I'll be fine and I promise to not leave the safety of our pack vulnerable."

It's been 3 days since that incident at the forest. They were still taking cover at the workspace. Luna's recovery was fast and she was allowed to leave the clinic bed on her own, yesterday. After this, as she was well now, they decided to talk out the matters that were waiting to be resolved.

"This isn't just about you, or our pack, Luna. Think about Alphard too," Will said.

"Leave it be uncle, where among royals is Luna and where me, a commoner?" Alphard denigrated.

"Alphard! You know it's not the truth, we just can't be together, that's it." She said.

"That's your final decision?" He asked, she nodded. "Then tell me you don't love me." He stared at her. "Look me in the eye and say you don't want me as your mate."

He'd read somewhere that breaking mate bonds can be deadly, he hoped it was true. Because if it was, then Luna wouldn't do it by saying she doesn't want him to his face.

"No!" She yelled.

"You can't, can you? Because you know that doing so will break the mate bond and can kill one, or even both of us, as I'd already confessed that I love you!" He'd done it without knowing that he was confessing it to Luna herself. "And I know that you love me too."

"I need to talk to him alone, please." She requested, everyone walked out of the clinic they were in, closing the door behind them. "Alphard, try to understand, be sensible. Yes, I love you and nothing'd make me happy more than to have you as my mate. I'd even be if it makes you happy, but I'm afraid, scared. You don't know the war I'd with myself before walking into your life as your pet and after I did, every second that I stayed awake as an animal beside you was like walking on fire. Now ask yourself, do you want me to live with the constant fear of bringing harm to you? If I did, then I won't be able to live with the guilt, Alphard."

He looked at her for a moment and saw all that she'd just said. Fear, horror. Those and the likes of them were the only emotions he saw in her eyes and he knew it for once. He didn't know how he'd survive, but knew that he surely wouldn't be able to see her live like that, with fear constantly nagging her.

"Is there nothing I can say, or do to convince you?" She just stared at him helplessly, he sighed. "If that's the only way I can be with you, then I wish I'd a beast within too,"

As soon as he said that, there rose a sharp pain in his chest. He screamed. Luna was horrified. He stumbled back and forth unable to settle the pain while she tried helping him calm down. Their parents heard the scream from outside and immediately rushed in.

Green light filled the room. Something pushed her away from him to the other side, she wanted to reach him, just then the door flung open.

"Luna! What happened?" Came Will's voice, before she could answer, Dorian spoke.

"Don't let the white coat deceive you Will, this isn't Luna!"

What!? White coat? She lifted herself up to peek over the bed just in time to see Dorian with a knife in his right hand, ready to stab the wolf snarling at them.

"Uncle, wait! No!" She jumped over the bed and held on to the blade of the knife preventing him from stabbing.

"Luna, if we don't, then it'll harm us. Its energy is a new one, where did it even come in from?" Dorian asked.

"The energy might be new to you, but not to me. I can feel my mate, no matter what form he is in!"

"What!?" Will frowned. Laura crouched down in front of Alphard.